Capturing the moment

Online forums have been around for more than a decade and the formula is the same nearly every time. If you show up trying to sell something your first post it rubs people the wrong way. It could be an awesome product but no one knows if you're going to stick around and be a part of the community.

It's like trying to score with a lady....if you walk up to her in a bar and say "hey, wanna get nekkid"? Chances are you'll be going home alone. Walk up to her, spark up a conversation, establish some rapport and you have a better chance of getting lucky. [none of this is relevant if you hang our where Cushman does ;)]

It's like trying to score with a lady....if you walk up to her in a bar and say "hey, wanna get nekkid"? Chances are you'll be going home alone.

Allow me the temerity to add...

;)

It's like trying to score with a lady....if you walk up to her in a bar and say "hey, wanna get nekkid"? Chances are you'll be going home alone. Walk up to her, spark up a conversation, establish some rapport and you have a better chance of getting lucky. [none of this is relevant if you hang our where Cushman does ;)]
Had a fraternity brother in college that did just that! He heard NO alot, but heard yes often enough to keep at it... :eek: :hump:

Heres the deal, yes I am a newly registered member, but I have been on this forum and the other for many years now reading hunt stories and checking out photos of many other members hunts, I just never felt the need to post anything before. I posted this because a freind of mine asked me to get the word out, and I truly think it is a great idea and thought many others would like to know about it. If you liked the videos great maybe youll check out his site and get in touch with him, if you dont oh well. My boy is going deer hunting for the first time this november and Tim will be there to capture the whole thing, wether he is able to harvest an animal or not, and I am happy to know that we will be able to relive that special time whenever we want.

Thanks to those that liked the videos I will pass it along next time I talk to him.

Just to clarify for those that are questioning Legendaries post. I am the hunter in the Coues video and he had my permission as well as Tims permission to create this post. We thought that getting the word out to help promote Tims services on hunting forums was the best approach. If we have hurt anyone's feelings because we aren't regular posters, no harm intended. I believe this is an awesome service that he is offering especially for those "once in a lifetime hunts". For those that enjoyed the videos, thankyou.

Welcome to both....stick around & participate. Lots of good info and people here.

Last edited:
Legendary and Ghost Hunter - Thanks for signing up.

I am the owner of the site and I would probably pass along a little "forum etiquette" for your buddy, as it relates to forums and posting of services and products. I am pretty easy going when it comes to such things, as I am most interested in our members getting access to services and products that might help them become better hunters and enjoy their hunts more.

I made the same mistake you guys just made, on another site, even though I had been a registered member and user for quite a few years. I did not know of the protocol of how things were done with the topic I was posting about, and when I made the mistake, I apologized profusely and offered to pay the owner of the site for the one thread that was in violation. He was very gracious and I appreciated that; appreciated it enough that I try to be equally considerate with things on our site.

So, like some have said, best to not show up and have your first post or two be the selling of services. Like someone mentioned, it probably rubs people the wrong way.

As the owner, all I ask is that someone contact me and ask if they can post about their products or services. Unless it competes with an existing sponsor or some other issue I find not useful to our site, I almost always give approval and do not request any payment.

I ask that when they post about this product or service, they predicate the new thread with the comment that they have talked to the site owner and have permission. It will usually prevent the kind of responses you got with this one.

After all that, feel free to post. If you are helping your friend on other sites, it might be a good idea to consider some of these thoughts and contact that site owner beforehand.

I hope you guys have a great season and that we get to see some of your stories and pics on this site.

Back