Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Captain Hook lives on!!!!!

Idaho Ron,

Just curious, have you ever scored an antelope? 62? Lets see what kind of antelope it takes to score 62...13 inch buck with mass measurements of 5.5, 5.5, 2, 1.5 with 3.5 inch prongs. Thats what you're seeing on that buck? Wow, thats harsh.

IB, no question that buck is 15+ and no way it scores less than 73.

I think 15 1/4 length...prong 5 4/8...mass of 31 4/8...for 73. I think thats being pretty tough on that antelope.

15.5" length
4.75" prongs
11.5" bottom mass
5.25 top mass
74" total

Cool looking buck, IB. Kill him and settle this, please.

I am thinking he is about 14 maybe, and a total gross of about 62 to 65. I just can't see more. The prongs are very good but they are low on the horn. Too much is pencil thin on top. Kill him and let us know. Ron

I got this buck last year and he scored 63 he was 15 1/4 long with 2 3/4 prongs. the buck in this pict is allot bigger.

660dr37.jpg

Buzz, I have scored a lot of pronghorns. I just don't see it, I said 62 to 65 maybe 62 is a little on the light side. I might even say maybe to 68. The prong is low on the horn. The top end is very thin. The prong is very good but I just don't see 15" or more of length.
His cool factor is the horns curl forward. I hope that IB gets him so we can figure it out. I am not being harsh, I just don't see it. Ron

There's around 11 inches of length just above the prong. Ron, how about you line me up with a date with your daughter if it's 16+. If it's less than 15, I'll come to Idaho and shovel your walk. How's that for a deal?? :D

Its apparent the only way to end this discussion is to kill him, so please send me directions to the waterhole so I can help with the quest :)

15.5" length
4.75" prongs
11.5" bottom mass
5.25 top mass
74" total

Cool looking buck, IB. Kill him and settle this, please.
I'm heading up tonight to check out the camera if it's still there. That will tell me if he is at least still in the area. I'll sit the blind again tomorrow morning if he's still around.

This is what I think he scores:
15" length
4.5" prongs
33" total mass
72" gross

I seems to allows judge on the small side so that is pretty conservative I think. There's only one way to find out though. :D

Idaho ron - That's a good looking goat. It's hard to tell from the low angles of the pics to really see how good he is but I'll tack a stab at it.

15" length
4.5" prongs
36 total mass
75" Gross

IDbugler, I don't know how to score, And I'm not going to ruin your post trying to guess. Good luck Mi Amigo !!! (I finally got back online ;) ) See you Friday in the Weight room !!

IB, since you are the only one to give it a shot I will tell you. The buck I posted is 13.5" long. His total was 72 4/8 PY
I may be totally wrong on the buck you posted. But I was not trying to be mean about it, i just wanted to give my honest opinion. A guy can kick around inches all day long. The buck is a buck I would shoot with a bow in a heart beat. Most of the reason is he is cool! Get him and then we will see the nummbers. Good luck. Ron

IB, since you are the only one to give it a shot I will tell you. The buck I posted is 13.5" long. His total was 72 4/8 PY
I may be totally wrong on the buck you posted. But I was not trying to be mean about it, i just wanted to give my honest opinion. A guy can kick around inches all day long. The buck is a buck I would shoot with a bow in a heart beat. Most of the reason is he is cool! Get him and then we will see the nummbers. Good luck. Ron
No offence taken at all Ron. I am also having a hard time judging him because of the long hooks on him. I'm pretty dang sure he will go over 62" and 65" for that matter but I agree there is only one way to find out.

Your buck is deceiving but it doesn't help that the pics where taken from below the animal so it makes his horns look longer. Very hard to tell where the ears end up from that angle. Looks like you have some very nice animals on the wall.

Thanks for posting your goat. We can always use the practice on judging these guys.

Shoot him. My guess is 15.75 tall, 5.5, 5.5, 3.25, 2 for mass and 4.75 on the prong. 73 1/2

Shoot him. My guess is 15.75 tall, 5.5, 5.5, 3.25, 2 for mass and 4.75 on the prong. 73 1/2
I'm still working on that. He has left the surrounding area. I haven't gotton a pic of him on that water hole since the day I missed him. I'm keeping tabs of the area to hopefully find him again.

IB, the other antelope is my dads. He hunted for antelope two times in his life. He wanted a antelope so bad when he saw this one he had to have it. I packed it 2 miles out for him. He also wanted a branch antlered bull, but he never got it. He passed away two years ago, Cigeretts got him, lung cancer is a terrable thing. Here is his buck it is not big but it is his. Ron
513143.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back