Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Can we talk about underwear?

Dzlmech

So I’ve searched this and came up with some decent information. Like stay away from cotton.
But this year will be my first long (nine days) hunt for elk. And I’ve been doing a lot of conditioning because I don’t want my lack of physical confidence to stop me from going after something, and in my conditioning I’m averaging between 5-10 miles depending on how much time I have, fully loaded with pack and gear and the such. Now I’ve noticed I’m starting to become ill say “soft”. Is there any underwear out there that stays formed? Currently I wear Costco branded underwear that doesn’t feel like cotton but I’ve never looked at the material list. But what do the experienced hunters have to say about this to prevent any chaffing?

The childish side of me was hoping this was going to be about skid marks...

My workouts, bleachers, hikes, all that, I wear under armour boxer jocks, just for the support and tightness to minimize chafing and swamp ass. When I'm on the mountain, it's nothing but merino...they don't get near as funky after 8 days...

I will have to seriously look into these merino wools. I have heard Mr Newberg talk about merino vs synthetic yada yad but I have no experience with it. But I’m my head whenever I hear wool I’m thinking for warmth but they keep talking about moisture wicking.
Thanks guys!

I’ve had good luck with the Stoic merino. You can find them reasonable priced on backcountry.com. I think they’re totally worth the extra money on hunts or if you just don’t feel like doing laundry for a week or two...

Merino wool=no funk frankly it's quite amazing how they dont stink after days.
My dad swears by and loves the buck naked more than his children tho I think.

Exiffico!!!! Best i have found backcountry i wear 1 and take spare for an hunt over 4 days. You can wash in creek after few days will dry in a day. Dont get bag funk and breathe great

Do the FL's hold their shape after a week or start to stretch out like typical merino?

Let’s talk about why there is no consistency. I bought 10 pairs about 5 years ago. Took about a month to break in but they’ve been a cradle ever since. Last month the waistband started separating and I now can’t find that model of boxers anywhere. Newer is not always better.

Do the FL's hold their shape after a week or start to stretch out like typical merino?

I only wear 3 days in a row in the field and they hold shape real well for that duration - I will invest the extra ounce to carry a mid-week "clean underwear day" everytime!

Can't go wrong with merino or buck naked boxer briefs. I also like the synthetic Huk boxers, totally eliminated chafe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back