Can we talk about underwear?

Are you sure they are Gore? The google can't seem to find anything about military issue gore tex long johns...lots of ECWCS poly pros, but nothing in Gore. I just ask as I've never seen Gore used in anything very stretchy before, and it had me curious as to other possibilities.

The label says polypropylene and before I retired they issued it as GoreTex tops or bottoms. I just looked at the ones in my uniform box that no longer fit.

However, the below is all I have ever used since my military days for insulated underwear and this is what I have ever know them as GoreTex:
https://poshmark.com/listing/Mens-S...ylene-layering-pants-5b78c211c9bf50a846df90e0

Wow!! Thanks for all the responses! Who knew a pair of panties can be so technical?! I will definitely be looking into the merino from FL and the such. Hopefully I can find somewhere local to me that carries them

Wow!! Thanks for all the responses! Who knew a pair of panties can be so technical?! I will definitely be looking into the merino from FL and the such. Hopefully I can find somewhere local to me that carries them
I think they are online order only now.

Anyone go commando?
I tried it. You gotta be sure to apply some anti chaffing product or else risk going insane.

I run hot down there year round and have to use anti chaffing stuff no matter the temp. I’ve been using some synthetic mesh style boxer briefs from Walmart for a few months now, best I’ve yet to use. Can’t remember the brand though.

Ex offico boxers, best synthetic underwear I've owned. Bought them on Amazon 5 years ago, still going strong.

This is probably the cheapness in me to think this, but at like $45 per pair how do you justify ordering them and just hoping you like them?

Were you wanting to try them on? Because most places frown on trying underwear on...

I have thunder thighs, and boxers/boxer briefs have never worked for me. Icebreaker Merino lightweight briefs have been my go-to for every outdoor activity for the past 5+ years. Three pairs in the rotation, just now starting to see some wear. Worth looking into.

So I never knew our forum was so in touch with the topic of underwear. We are a deep group on the subject. I'm excited to try some of these under-roos!!

Well ya know once I go into those dressing rooms who knows what can happen... ya just don’t want them too tight ya know

Yeah, I don't want you in a bind or anything, but do the rest of us a favor...if you're going to try on drawers, scrub your junk good, and maybe leave a little note in the packaging so that if one of us buys them we make sure and wash them before use...I mean, I'm sure you're a great guy and all, we're just not that close.

I'm still wearing the same FL going on day 3 just to put them through some "field testing" before the season starts. Fart filter may need to be recharged and odds are good the wife will notice i'm wearing the same underwear most of the week. Other than that the shape has held well, they're still comfy and I don't smell anything out of the ordinary.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back