Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Can the Partition be loaded to shoot accurately ?

220yotekiller

I am looking for a new hunting load for my 7mm Rem Mag as I can't seem to find any 160 grain Accbonds (sorry just not going to spend $150 for a box of 50) that's what Gunbroker is wanting. I do have quite a few 150 and 160 grain Partitions, but I have no idea if they can be made to shoot accurately. I am wanting to hunt antelope to elk sized animals out to 400 yards. I also have a surplus of 150 grain Balistic Tips, I know that they redesigned the bullet a while ago, the videos that I have watched shot about 50% to 60% weight retention. What would you guys do? I will be using H4831 powder.

I am looking for a new hunting load for my 7mm Rem Mag as I can't seem to find any 160 grain Accbonds (sorry just not going to spend $150 for a box of 50) that's what Gunbroker is wanting. I do have quite a few 150 and 160 grain Partitions, but I have no idea if they can be made to shoot accurately. I am wanting to hunt antelope to elk sized animals out to 400 yards. I also have a surplus of 150 grain Balistic Tips, I know that they redesigned the bullet a while ago, the videos that I have watched shot about 50% to 60% weight retention. What would you guys do? I will be using H4831 powder.
Try 140gn TTSX or 143 Hammers.

I don't see why you'd have a problem with partitions. I've seen 7mm 160gr AccuBonds available at a little over a $1/each 50 box

Yes the 160 partitions shoot well out of my 7rm. Shot them for a long time and killed lots of big game with them.

I have in the past shot them out of a 7mm Mag and many other cartridges and they are very accurate. I would still be using but switched to unleaded.

Just shoot the Partitions. They'll do just fine

I’ve loaded Partitions in a 7-08, 308, 25-06, 270, 30-06, and 7 mag. I’ve found them easy to load for accuracy. I don’t know why folks have so much trouble getting accuracy from them.
Do you find that they should be driven fast or slow? Or are they like everything else and they just like what they like?

I load them @ 3320 in my 300 rum and shoots less then a half inch. I load 140 and 160 in my 280 Ackley and they also perform well. I'll take any extras you have!

I have used 150 gr Partitions in a 7mm Remington Magnum, 180 gr in a 300 RUM and 200 gr in a 300 Weatherby. All shot well. I recovered 150s out of a whitetail buck and a cow elk and they looked just like the marketing photos. In a 7mm, I think I would lean towards the 160s for possibly a little more penetration.

The 180s in the 300 were going about 3250 fps.

Do you find that they should be driven fast or slow? Or are they like everything else and they just like what they like?
Don't know about speed, but I have this impression that the ones on the heavier side for caliber tend to group a little better. Impression only. I really haven't loaded them much, just a little in .308.

Also an old timer told me in 7mm 140s may not partition on elk... I'm sure it's related to the 1800 fps though.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back