Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Calibres you'd like to own

@BrentD and @Aussie_hunter_JD I wasn’t trying to impugn the classic double. I just would be interested in a bespoke double made of modern materials. I think the blending of old and new would be different and cool.
Yes, I know.

For me, some things cannot be blended.

I see the fingerprints of this issue all over hunting. Personally, I think it is a huge problem.

I really enjoy my 25 Creedmoor comp rifle, but it's a bit heavy for hunting, been thinking about a 25 Creedmoor hunting setup. Is it inappropriate to answer 'which calibers you'd like to own' with, 'all of them.'

It's cool to see so much quarter bore love. I almost bit into a .25-45 Sharps which belongs in the "Out of the mainstream" thread. There are many good bullet options but I wish there were some heavier bullet to better fill the gap between .243 and .264. Blackjack Bullets makes a 131 grain high bc bullet and I hope more manufactures follow suit.

It's cool to see so much quarter bore love. I almost bit into a .25-45 Sharps which belongs in the "Out of the mainstream" thread. There are many good bullet options but I wish there were some heavier bullet to better fill the gap between .243 and .264. Blackjack Bullets makes a 131 grain high bc bullet and I hope more manufactures follow suit.
What the heck is a 25-45 Sharps? Never heard or read of it. What rifle did they chamber it in? Got pics? Sounds cool as all get out.

It's an AR chambering but a fellow could have a bolt action chambered in it if you ordered a reamer. It's along the same ilk as the 6x45 just in .25 caliber. With a 24" barrel you can push an 87 grainer to 3000 fps. They also loaded up a cool 100 grain round nose and dubbed it "Swine Smasher". I don't think it caught on enough for people to find it's max potential.

It's an AR chambering but a fellow could have a bolt action chambered in it if you ordered a reamer. It's along the same ilk as the 6x45 just in .25 caliber. With a 24" barrel you can push an 87 grainer to 3000 fps. They also loaded up a cool 100 grain round nose and dubbed it "Swine Smasher". I don't think it caught on enough for people to find it's max potential.
So it really has nothing to do with Christian Sharps at all.

@BrentD sorry buddy I know for a second there you had such high hopes... then for it to turn out to be a black gun caliber... this is perhaps the greatest catfishing that has yet to occur on hunttalk

Had an impulse to let Hill Country Accurizing barrel a 300 Norma Mag a few years ago but didn’t close the deal.

Lamb would say this is sacrilegious, but I have thought it would be kinda cool to do a modern take on an old nitro, and get a double rifle built with a synthetic (but heavy)stock and stainless steel or cerakoted barrel and action. Something you could actually take on a backpack hunt in Alaska.
I think I would have to agree with Lamb on that one then, haha. I have seen a synthetic stainless coach gun, I think Stoeger makes one?

I think I would have to agree with Lamb on that one then, haha. I have seen a synthetic stainless coach gun, I think Stoeger makes one?
What’s in my head, I’ve never seen someone attempt... using synthetic materials to achieve the same level of product as a classic double. Not just a slapped on utilitarian sock.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back