Calibres you'd like to own

@BrentD and @Aussie_hunter_JD I wasn’t trying to impugn the classic double. I just would be interested in a bespoke double made of modern materials. I think the blending of old and new would be different and cool.
Yes, I know.

For me, some things cannot be blended.

I see the fingerprints of this issue all over hunting. Personally, I think it is a huge problem.

I really enjoy my 25 Creedmoor comp rifle, but it's a bit heavy for hunting, been thinking about a 25 Creedmoor hunting setup. Is it inappropriate to answer 'which calibers you'd like to own' with, 'all of them.'

It's cool to see so much quarter bore love. I almost bit into a .25-45 Sharps which belongs in the "Out of the mainstream" thread. There are many good bullet options but I wish there were some heavier bullet to better fill the gap between .243 and .264. Blackjack Bullets makes a 131 grain high bc bullet and I hope more manufactures follow suit.

It's cool to see so much quarter bore love. I almost bit into a .25-45 Sharps which belongs in the "Out of the mainstream" thread. There are many good bullet options but I wish there were some heavier bullet to better fill the gap between .243 and .264. Blackjack Bullets makes a 131 grain high bc bullet and I hope more manufactures follow suit.
What the heck is a 25-45 Sharps? Never heard or read of it. What rifle did they chamber it in? Got pics? Sounds cool as all get out.

It's an AR chambering but a fellow could have a bolt action chambered in it if you ordered a reamer. It's along the same ilk as the 6x45 just in .25 caliber. With a 24" barrel you can push an 87 grainer to 3000 fps. They also loaded up a cool 100 grain round nose and dubbed it "Swine Smasher". I don't think it caught on enough for people to find it's max potential.

It's an AR chambering but a fellow could have a bolt action chambered in it if you ordered a reamer. It's along the same ilk as the 6x45 just in .25 caliber. With a 24" barrel you can push an 87 grainer to 3000 fps. They also loaded up a cool 100 grain round nose and dubbed it "Swine Smasher". I don't think it caught on enough for people to find it's max potential.
So it really has nothing to do with Christian Sharps at all.

Had an impulse to let Hill Country Accurizing barrel a 300 Norma Mag a few years ago but didn’t close the deal.

Lamb would say this is sacrilegious, but I have thought it would be kinda cool to do a modern take on an old nitro, and get a double rifle built with a synthetic (but heavy)stock and stainless steel or cerakoted barrel and action. Something you could actually take on a backpack hunt in Alaska.
I think I would have to agree with Lamb on that one then, haha. I have seen a synthetic stainless coach gun, I think Stoeger makes one?

I think I would have to agree with Lamb on that one then, haha. I have seen a synthetic stainless coach gun, I think Stoeger makes one?
What’s in my head, I’ve never seen someone attempt... using synthetic materials to achieve the same level of product as a classic double. Not just a slapped on utilitarian sock.

Back