Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Cabelas and Bass pro shop merger always did stink.

I love the gun libraries. Wife loves the clothes. Their Meindl line of boots used to be top-notch! Doing away with the bargain caves has been a real bummer.

Usually will stop at Cabelas every chance that we get.

At least meindl decided to open a store in the us now so you can still purchase those boots.

I find our little Outpost BPS moved more of it's "real estate" area to clothing. With that said, I've enjoyed the BPS redhead clothing line, for the most part. Comfy fishing button downs, pants, etc. A few items I steer away from... Such as those that tend to require dry cleaning to maintain a wrinkle free appearance.

I do value their efforts to support wildlife conservation and find it great how much $ is contributed by simply asking if the customer would like to round up their purchase price for conservation...

Some of you HTers hate any mention of a big $ player and conservation... Spend more time critiquing than appreciating the support for Pittman & Robertson, Conservation $, etc.

Meh, to each his/her own. We shop where we find locals with employment opportunities and while it's not millionaire central, they have benefits that put to shame many other small-large sized companies along with advancement, if one's inclined.

Haven't been boot shopping in a while. Did they drop the line or cut quality?
Yes, as others have noted above, Cabelas has dropped their Meindl line. Hoffman carries a few choices and can probably order others.

I just chuckle a bit when I read through all of the "Boots" threads that have been posted. If a hunter is spending $350-$400+ on boots? That hunter should expect that boot to last more than a year or two!

Cabelas Meindl "Mountain Hunters" insulated, circa early 1993. Worn at least 35-40 days every year since. It would be fun to know how many thousands of mountain miles these boots have traveled!

IMG_0285.jpg

My Meindls wear so well I have a couple of pairs, mountain hunters and also I wear a pair for work every day (mountain hikers).
These boots are very good indeed.
As for Cabelas...not so much anymore, started to wonder a few years ago when the first thing you see coming in the door is girls sweaters:(
Never been in a Bass Pro shop, they really were not in this party of the country until they took over Cabelas.

We have had a BPS here in the Springs for several years now and I have no issues with them. I have had good service and have been glad to have the ability now to get Cabela's stuff shipped right to store. It is a shame the original owners allowed things to go the way they did but we are long past that. As long as you take big box stores for what they are and can do for you. We all like to use local/small stores but sometimes they just can't get or do what you need.

Im not sure what to do I've got half of the rifle scope i want paid for in points but cabelas has the scope marked up $300.. i almost think id be better buying ammo or a glock from cabelas and just paying cash for the scope just on principle of not over paying for it

Cabelas/BP is kinda like the NRA. They are big, obnoxious, corporate, and disliked by many for lots of reasons, but they do some good things for conservation, hunting, shooting, fishing, and other outdoor activities. There are worse places to buy the kids some school clothes and a rain coat to wear at soccer games.

I had looked up the merger a while ago thinking it was an issue in the family I thought it was still family owned (Cabelas) sad that things like this happen
we all need to make money but greed is a different thing.
I used the internet and smaller stores for most of my hunting gear and the large box stores for mics items anymore

I guess that's where you buy your hunting panties???
FFS. They don’t carry panties. They do carry sports bras. Since when is women’s clothing so offensive? Get over it. Or stick to Kuiu.

To the topic at hand, I wasn’t aware Meindl had moved some stuff here. Will have to check it out. The first pair I ever got at Cabela’s was one of the best boots I ever had.

I shopped at Cabelas a lot until the merger. I live and work within 5 miles of the Omaha store. I liked their private label hunting clothes and bargain cave. Now...it isn't for me. The store is 128k sf. Honestly, now there is maybe 4K sf for hunting clothing at best. In the back of the store to boot.

I really don’t need a bunch of printed t-shirts, flannel and candy. I’ve switched to Scheels or online shopping for hunting equipment.

FFS. They don’t carry panties. They do carry sports bras. Since when is women’s clothing so offensive? Get over it. Or stick to Kuiu.

To the topic at hand, I wasn’t aware Meindl had moved some stuff here. Will have to check it out. The first pair I ever got at Cabela’s was one of the best boots I ever had.
I am not complaining, just sayin'... :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back