Cabelas and Bass pro shop merger always did stink.

I found Cabelas consistantly high but they as well as some of the other large stores occasionaly offer something I haven't seen before or at least isn't available anywhere else. I visit one of the big stores every couple of years for a possible sale or just a snoop. Buy local if you can.

I live a very short driving distance from both BP HQ and the "flagship" store. Other than a visit to the aquarium & museum a couple times a year, I might check out the outlet store for odd items here and there. The big store itself feels more akin to an extension of Silver Dollar City geared towards Hunters and Anglers - including the inflated prices on goods.

Still bummed about BP buying out Cabela's, before my teen years I would anxiously wait for the Cabela's catalogs to show up in the mail and spend hours poring over them. Hardly ever bought anything but I thought they had the coolest stuff in there.

And I'd hazard a guess that the boots are better. Having had Meindls and Meindls made for Cabelas, the former were a better boot IMO.
I have heard that, however I've never had anyone explain the differences. I've been very happy with the two pairs of Cabelas Meindl's I have owned.

Interesting that this thread popped up again. Today Jim Shockey shared the same video on his Instagram account and said he informed the top 500 stockholders at Cabela’s that something like this was going to happen and they didn’t listen.

Anytime you have a publicly traded company this is a potential risk. Public companies simply always cater to the largest stockholders and not at all to their employees or customers. Give me a privately held company any day. I have no issues with Bass Pro buying Cabela's. I actually enjoy walking through the stores as well as Sportsmens Warehouse. Back before Dick's sold out to investors and the anti gun nuts I enjoyed shopping there. Bass Pro/Cabela's still sells firearms, Dick's doesn't, guess which I am more willing to spend money in?

Interesting that this thread popped up again. Today Jim Shockey shared the same video on his Instagram account and said he informed the top 500 stockholders at Cabela’s that something like this was going to happen and they didn’t listen.

This thread resurfaced shortly after, on the same day as the thread below was posted:

Five posts for a pro conservation thread.

He’s probably just that dude who’s terrified of doing laundry cause he might have to touch his wife’s underwear.

The only thing that makes me nervous about laundry is the dreaded “fitted sheet” I have now resorted to checking all the folds in a fitted sheet for MIA socks and then I stuff the fitted sheets into a corresponding pillow case. I am not falling for that Tom foolery anymore .

The only thing that makes me nervous about laundry is the dreaded “fitted sheet” I have now resorted to checking all the folds in a fitted sheet for MIA socks and then I stuff the fitted sheets into a corresponding pillow case. I am not falling for that Tom foolery anymore .
Fitted sheets are just the tip of the iceberg don’t even get me started about duvets coverts.

They do need to raise the bar to get back to the original Cabela's standard. I can only assume we will lower our expectations before that happens.

I placed an online order last week. They had to brake the shipment up into 4 separate shipments. The interesting thing is, the package that arrived today is not the one that the tracking shows was supposed to arrive. It actually shows that particular one (The one that arrived) was not even shipped yet and the one that was suppose to arrive has not. :LOL: Also, the box was destroyed during shipment. The driver carried the contents to the porch, then returned to the truck for the box. Then placed the items back into the box on the porch. :unsure: We will see what becomes of the other 3 packages...

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back