Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Bulls, hell holes, and empty Camelbaks

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
I had a pretty frank come to Jesus convo about 800 feet below the top. I was wondering if I would be lucid enough to know I needed to hit the SOS button on the InReach by the time I needed to do so.

Been there lol...

Nice work getting that critter out. Your story is exactly why I'm kinda a water Nazi, my BIL always gives me crap about carrying around a ton of water, and my response is always well if I don't need it I can always just pour it out.

Do you have anyt pics of the processing... that hillside looks steep as f-

Do you have anyt pics of the processing... that hillside looks steep as f-

No, I spent all of my mental and physical energy trying to figure out how the hell to get him apart. Nothing to tie him off to.

No, I spent all of my mental and physical energy trying to figure out how the hell to get him apart. Nothing to tie him off to.

How the heck did you manage without tying him off... bet it was quite the feat.

JLS.. I’ve been in your shoes man. I just started hunting a few years back. (Not intending that you are a rookie or anything) I drove up to a ridge and hiked down off a steep face where I had been glassing up some muley does. Ended up shooting a forkie. It was my first buck so I was content with that, until I looked back up the hill. I had very little water and had been drinking coffee earlier that day. Long story short I made it out alive but was severely dehydrated and needed to come back the next day with help. One of many lessons I learned that year. Anyways, thanks for the read man.

Thinking about how tough Jason is makes me wish he lived closer to me and we hunted together. Then I consider that he kills stuff in tougher (stupider) places than I do and I think I am glad I am not close enough for him to call me when he has a bull down.
I spent two summers building a cabin in that country and quickly made the assessment that it would be fun to deer hunt it but I never want to kill an elk in there.😎

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back