Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Bullet Review

My main issue with Bergers, at least when shot at extremely high velocity, is damage. Also, the high velocity close range impacts I saw while using them on antelope in my big .300, give me zero confidence to put one in a bull. I have used the Accubond from 42 to 703 yards on dozens of animals with zero issues. I like both, just not in some cartridges. mtmuley

I've read more than once that Lapua Scenars fly similar to Bergers and penetrate/stay together better...

My main issue with Bergers, at least when shot at extremely high velocity, is damage. Also, the high velocity close range impacts I saw while using them on antelope in my big .300, give me zero confidence to put one in a bull. I have used the Accubond from 42 to 703 yards on dozens of animals with zero issues. I like both, just not in some cartridges. mtmuley

Another vote for the Accubonds.

My Dad, wife, and I have been using SST's forever and have had no issues, unless turning there inside's too Jello is considered an issue, just bought a 6.5x284 and will be putting the new ELD-X bullet's though it, I may test some berger's, but it seems like if you do not reload and get a specific velocity is where things start too go wrong with those bergers, I have no personal experience with them, but I do hear from the great vine that the Hybrid V bullets from berger are way better at holding up on impact/harder bullet even though they are made for bench rest shooting, this is just what I hear.... don't be discouraged by 1 account of something going wrong.... if we all did that, most of us wouldn't be hunting...
Matt

Barnes TTSX, TSX, Accubonds, and Scenars currently. In whatever rifle they test best. I haven't taken a critter with Scenars but don't doubt their efficacy.

I cannot recall the velocity that im pushing the bergers at but I don't like to go slow.

If you are seeing grenading, in a 300, on antelope it's no wonder a little 140 6.5 is blowing up on a big Midwestern whitetail.

I couldn't dream of putting one into an elk.

Back