MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Bullet Review

My main issue with Bergers, at least when shot at extremely high velocity, is damage. Also, the high velocity close range impacts I saw while using them on antelope in my big .300, give me zero confidence to put one in a bull. I have used the Accubond from 42 to 703 yards on dozens of animals with zero issues. I like both, just not in some cartridges. mtmuley

I've read more than once that Lapua Scenars fly similar to Bergers and penetrate/stay together better...

My main issue with Bergers, at least when shot at extremely high velocity, is damage. Also, the high velocity close range impacts I saw while using them on antelope in my big .300, give me zero confidence to put one in a bull. I have used the Accubond from 42 to 703 yards on dozens of animals with zero issues. I like both, just not in some cartridges. mtmuley

Another vote for the Accubonds.

My Dad, wife, and I have been using SST's forever and have had no issues, unless turning there inside's too Jello is considered an issue, just bought a 6.5x284 and will be putting the new ELD-X bullet's though it, I may test some berger's, but it seems like if you do not reload and get a specific velocity is where things start too go wrong with those bergers, I have no personal experience with them, but I do hear from the great vine that the Hybrid V bullets from berger are way better at holding up on impact/harder bullet even though they are made for bench rest shooting, this is just what I hear.... don't be discouraged by 1 account of something going wrong.... if we all did that, most of us wouldn't be hunting...
Matt

Barnes TTSX, TSX, Accubonds, and Scenars currently. In whatever rifle they test best. I haven't taken a critter with Scenars but don't doubt their efficacy.

I cannot recall the velocity that im pushing the bergers at but I don't like to go slow.

If you are seeing grenading, in a 300, on antelope it's no wonder a little 140 6.5 is blowing up on a big Midwestern whitetail.

I couldn't dream of putting one into an elk.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back