MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Bulldown!

bulldown

I chased this bull last Friday morning up and over a ridge and into another fired up bull on the other side of the mountain. The two eventually clashed antlers 3 times while I snuck to within 30-50 yards of the fight. A simple tree rake seperated the two and this guy came through my lane at 25 yards. He unofficially green scores 316.

BullDown, Looks like you're having another Steller Elk year man !!!!! Kudos on the hunt.

Bulls not bad either ;)

Thanks guys. It was a tough year for us. I got into the bulls heavy last Friday and that was about it for the week. We had one bull fired up on Wednesday but the weekend rush must have shut them all up. Timing is everything I guess!

bulldown

Great looking bull. He's got awesome looking fronts and looks bigger than 316. Is he an Idaho bull, if so what part? I had very little rut activity over the weekend in the clearwater region, story to come later.

Yes he is an Idaho bull and was taken in the McCall zone. This was my favorite picture because it does make him look a lot bigger. The funny thing is that the log I used to prop the rack up with was a ground cover for a hornets nest. Yep, they nailed me! But, the picture was worth it. He has 46" main beams with a 38 4/8" inside spread and 9" h1's. His g1's and 2's were 17-18" and his g3's were 15. The rack really weakened up top, dropping to 12" royals and 7" g5's but he is still an awesome Idaho bull.

Here are a couple more shots...

Some of the bulls I saw this year were a little weak on the top as well but seemed normal on the lower points. I've got to think it was something to do with the fact we (up here anyways) had a farily wet April and May, but after that its been dry as can be. Congrats again man, thats an awesome bull and I'd be tickled to death with him. When I drove through the Cascade, McCall, etc area a few weeks back I was impressed as can be with how good of elk country it looks like.

Nice bull. Looks like it may be on the down side.. 8 or so years old. Lots of mass.. a really great bull.

:cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back