Bucket List Animal

bucket list animal

• Total voters
Unless I can talk my daughter or my brother into moving to Alaska so I can go unguided after brown bear or grizzly, a wolf is now at the top of my bucket list. I missed one with a muzzleloader 9 years ago, and that shot still haunts me.

A quick search says 180 NZD (google tells me that's about $120 USD) for a non-resident license which seems really cheap. It's the logistics that seems to be the biggest hurdle.

There is no non-resident license fee. $0 NZD = $0 USD. Who is telling you $180 ? Only if you hunt birds do you have to buy a hunting license and it's around $80 something NZD

There is no non-resident license fee. $0 NZD = $0 USD. Who is telling you $180 ? Only if you hunt birds do you have to buy a hunting license and it's around $80 something NZD
I just did a quick google search for NZ hunting license fees when someone earlier said the cost wasn't that much and that's what popped up on their fish and game website. I closer inspection says it's for fishing and not game. Thanks for catching that!

A quick search says 180 NZD (google tells me that's about $120 USD) for a non-resident license which seems really cheap. It's the logistics that seems to be the biggest hurdle.
It’s free for EVERYONE to hunt in NZ. Not sure what the $180 is for. But you can hunt deer, Tahr, chamois, pigs etc at no cost.

Drop tine muley (not cheater drop tines :p)
Big 6 point white tail (love the way they look)
Yukon moose hunts have always looked cool
Wolf has been on my list for a while too.... They are all over MN, but I guess they still wont let me hunt them. (called one in 5 years ago coyote hunting)

My dream would be to harvest a mature bull elk, score doesn't really matter. I've been thinking about it for a few years now and after stumbling onto this site I have learned a lot. I need to start buying some points for some states to make it a reality. Probably first time I go will be with an outfitter to learn how to hunt them a bit. Real goal would be a diy bull elk archery. I've been out to CO and the Tetons hiking etc and would like to turn it into hunting. Been to WY shed hunting and got lucky and found a handful of elk sheds too! Couple years ago camping in CO in September I could hear a bull bugle a couple times in the night. Getting into some bulls bugling and close range with archery on a crisp September mountain morning would be a dream. Being from IA I really fill like eventually I'll have a chance at a 180 whitetail. Going on my first west hunt, antelope, this fall. Also plan to get an archery black bear in MN or Canada in the next few years as well.

I was lucky enough to take my bucket list animal...do I get to pick another?

Big moose down, now if only the elk would cooperate.

Even though I have killed a moose already, I voted for it anyway. I would love to kill another one, but a much bigger one.

My unrealistic bucket list animal is an elephant.

A big interior Alaska grizzly unguided. Since I am a non-resident, probably not gonna get the chance in my lifetime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back