Yeti GOBOX Collection

Bucket List Animal

bucket list animal

• Total voters
I amazed at the fact that if you get on bookyourhunt.com you can find them for almost the same price as a Dall sheep hunt. I got curious at the success rates and I contacted the lowest price outfitter and he replied very quickly. He has never in 10 years sent one guy home without a Marco Polo. Find a Dall sheep guy in North America that can say that.
It is not just the animal it is where you have to go to hunt one

A bruiser of a Wyoming antelope buck, taken within sight of my grandfather's dugout cabin in the badlands of Wyoming. It's not the buck, but the location that is more important for me. Of course, this will require a random draw success as the point creep is real.

As a close second, a nice bull in that same location would also scratch the itch, but that land isn't commonly thought as elk habitat. "Within sight" might have to mean looking down across the valley to make that happen. (Also stupid point creep is a huge problem)

A bruiser of a Wyoming antelope buck, taken within sight of my grandfather's dugout cabin in the badlands of Wyoming. It's not the buck, but the location that is more important for me. Of course, this will require a random draw success as the point creep is real.

As a close second, a nice bull in that same location would also scratch the itch, but that land isn't commonly thought as elk habitat. "Within sight" might have to mean looking down across the valley to make that happen. (Also stupid point creep is a huge problem)
That would be pretty hard to beat! I hope you get the opportunity.

Tough call. There are a lot of cool animals I'd still like to hunt.

180+ typical mulie
Bighorn
Mountain Goat
Bull Elk-not too picky; just want to hear him bugle one time!
Yukon Moose

On the waterfowl side, a King Eider to fill out my North American 41 list.
Hope to go for him in 2023

said moose but big 350+ bullelk right behind wouldnt mind grizz either

I chose Dall Sheep/Mountain goat, but I doubt it will ever happen, by the time I get the loot together I will probably be too old.

As to the 'other' category, don't forget I have Red/Fallow/Roe deer in the UK.
I might make 2021 my last year to offer a stalk to a member in exchange for a donation to a hunting conservation charity of your choice, it would be names in a hat again.

Cheers

Richard

I chose Dall Sheep/Mountain goat, but I doubt it will ever happen, by the time I get the loot together I will probably be too old.

As to the 'other' category, don't forget I have Red/Fallow/Roe deer in the UK.
I might make 2021 my last year to offer a stalk to a member in exchange for a donation to a hunting conservation charity of your choice, it would be names in a hat again.

Cheers

Richard

Do you operate a guide service in the uk?

Big Game:
Alaskan/Yukon Moose
340+ Bull Elk
Dall Sheep (likely won't ever happen)
Caribou

Waterfowl:
Green Timber hunt
Full Plumage Pintail
Diver hunt for Canvasbacks
Sea Duck hunt for Harlequin and Eiders- preferably in Alaska

That’s a nice animal for the low price they charge these days.

A quick search says 180 NZD (google tells me that's about $120 USD) for a non-resident license which seems really cheap. It's the logistics that seems to be the biggest hurdle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back