Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Buck with prongs

Eli-Sorry so long....not been near the machine in a few days. No, no MI's this year. Our normal MI guy was going to apply and missed the deadline. I had Sean's score sheet a months ago. Sean had him more in the 88 range. I know the guy that officially scored him very well and he's good. I was bit surprised as well. Believe it or not this guy came from the Santa Rosa area........go figure. We have been looking for his offspring this year on the place. Lots of bucks, none hitting this one's range though. Jimbo

I'd shoot, no question.

However, I'd be curious to hear guesses on how much the score would change from last year to this year.

I'll be the first to admit I'm not a good antelope judge. Looking at the pictures I'd say he lost 1.25" on top but gained like .75" on the bottom? So maybe 3+ inches bigger this year? Am I way off?

G

Eli,

No way would i pass that goat. The prongs are a dead give awy for me. With those kinds of prongs I think the rest of him would be a pleasant surprise. Book goat and I am taking him!:hump:

Here's a buck with long prongs! Would any of you shoot this one?

He is living in the unit, for which I have a tag, isn't he? Well, wishful thinking, if nothing else. ;)

If he lives there, he better keep his head low, when Bugler and I hit the prairies on Saturday. 'Cause I know Bugler is a good enough shot to get him. Now me, that is a different topic, altogether.

IB has the tag? Should be fun. Hopefully you get one of the many monsters down there. That country for goats is like Utah for elk! Keep us posted IB and BF!

He is living in the unit, for which I have a tag, isn't he? Well, wishful thinking, if nothing else. ;)

If he lives there, he better keep his head low, when Bugler and I hit the prairies on Saturday. 'Cause I know Bugler is a good enough shot to get him. Now me, that is a different topic, altogether.
I hope he's living there. :) Fin I'm pretty sure you sent me a pic of your last arrow group at 50 yards and I was pretty impressed. Let's just say if he gets away from me he won't be getting away from you. :D Four days until we leave and I can't wait.

KTC - I'd be very happy with anything close to what you shot down there. If we can get cell service we should be able to keep everyone up to date on the hunt.

Bryce,

Good luck! It is truly amazing antelope hunting! You will see bucks that will make your jaw drop! Remember one thing please, the goats down there do not have the body size of Utah, Wyoming, Idaho and such IMO. Maybe 2/3 the size? I would keep that in mind when a big old 88" buck is looking at you 30 yards away! I am excited for you, it is amazing, GOOD LUCK my friend! :D:D:D

Bryce,

Good luck! It is truly amazing antelope hunting! You will see bucks that will make your jaw drop! Remember one thing please, the goats down there do not have the body size of Utah, Wyoming, Idaho and such IMO. Maybe 2/3 the size? I would keep that in mind when a big old 88" buck is looking at you 30 yards away! I am excited for you, it is amazing, GOOD LUCK my friend! :D:D:D
Thats good info ktc, thanks. So that makes the kill zone even smaller right? :eek: I'm really getting excited for the hunt.

Bryce,

I would think you will see goats like mine and bigger? I am probably exagerrating a bit on body size at 2/3, but I would bet 75-80%? The 2 i have taken in NM sure did surprise me on body size. Keep us posted if you can. I am excited to see how you do. I would also like to hear your take on what you see, it will be like nothing you have ever seen up in our country!:D:hump:

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back