Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Buck with prongs

I can honestly say in my limited lope hunting I have never seen prongs like that before. I would do my best to kill him or chase him outta the country.

Eli,

I would sure shoot at him! I don't know if I would actually SHOOT him though. My accuracy has been know to suffer when I get wound up.:D Cool buck!

You had me a "buck with long prongs"... ;)

Seems like the antelope are doing well down your way as well. They're loving all the green we still have around up here.

Yeah, I've seen pronghorn in their book, but the data seems to be pretty plain. I think they score them a lot like most African game - One length measurement and one base measurement and that's it. I don't think they score the prong measurement, though, which would be a tragedy for this buck!

I do believe the WR in their book is something like 20-inches long with an 8-inch base (don't quote me on that, though).

Does anyone have any other info on the RW WR? I looked for photos of it before but didn't have any luck.

Apparently all the other hunters last year disagreed with all of you guys who said you would shoot this buck! Here he is again! His prong is a little shorter, but his bottom mass is better.

Would any of you shoot this buck this year???

longprongs2009_600px.jpg

He'll be on someone's wall by the time I get my tag next year (you'd think I'd draw with 16 points, right?) ...

This one had some prongs problems as well.

Attachments

• Sean MM2.jpg
    Sean MM2.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 325
Another View. He's 86 net.

Attachments

• Sean MM.jpg
    Sean MM.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 322
He must have shrunk a bit - looks better than 86! Do you remember the individual measurements? Got any mobility impaired hunters this weekend?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back