Brooks Range Caribou 2023

crock239

Bags are packed...wheels up for Fairbanks in less than 24 hrs.

20230804_202602.jpg

20230805_110122.jpg

I'm flying in with 3 buddies to the Northern Brooks Range. This is my first trip to Alaska, and I'm sure it will be an eye-opening adventure.

I hope to have lots of pics and a good story to share when we get back...

Best of luck to you all. It should be a great hunt. The country is beautiful and you should see grizzly bears, moose, caribou of course, wolverine, and wolves. I'd suggest before you head out to your spike camp that you buy a wolf tag from the outfitter.

Which outfitter are you going with?? Ovis Outfitters??

Best of luck.

The Brooks Range is one of my three remaining "do it before I die" landscapes. Excited to hear the stories when you return. Hope it's the hunt of your dreams.
Curious of the other two?

It will be the experience of a lifetime. Pretty awesome place and hope you packed a shotgun for the birds also if they are around. Enjoy every day it's awesome.

Best of luck to you all. It should be a great hunt. The country is beautiful and you should see grizzly bears, moose, caribou of course, wolverine, and wolves. I'd suggest before you head out to your spike camp that you buy a wolf tag from the outfitter.

Which outfitter are you going with?? Ovis Outfitters??
Thanks. Haven't decided yet on wolf tag, I know I should probably just do it.

We're flying with Arrowhead Outfitters. Couple of my buddies flew w them a couple years ago on a moose hunt.

It is impossible to take too many photos, just maybe review this thread while flying or hanging out in airports:

Best of luck.

The Brooks Range is one of my three remaining "do it before I die" landscapes. Excited to hear the stories when you return. Hope it's the hunt of your dreams.
Thank you. Win, lose, or draw--story and pics to come...

Best of luck! My dad is heading there in a couple weeks with caribou, Wolverine, and wolf tags. He’s beyond excited. I’ve been helping him get his gear dialed in. I’m thinking I’ll have to make it happen soon!

Back