Caribou Gear

Brooks Range Caribou 2023

Good luck and safe travels. I’m living vicariously through you. You’re doing the hunt I’ve been dreaming of.

Last edited:
Thanks. Haven't decided yet on wolf tag, I know I should probably just do it.

We're flying with Arrowhead Outfitters. Couple of my buddies flew w them a couple years ago on a moose hunt.
Absolutely get the wolf tag! I got skunked on my north slope hunt for caribou, but I came back with a wolf because I bought the tag. Killed him opening day of wolf season. On a trip like that, you don't want to NOT be able to take advantage of whatever opportunity presents itself.

Good luck! Enjoy
My wife and I loved it last year.
Hope next year do it all over again.

We're flying with Arrowhead Outfitters. Couple of my buddies flew w them a couple years ago on a moose hunt.
I will send you the $60 for a wolf tag, or you could buy your own tag and invest my $60 in drinks at the HooDoo when you get back to Fairbanks. It means that much to those of us watching.

You def want a wolf tag in your pocket I almost smoked a big black one while up chasing bou there. It ran a large herd of bou by me but turned and gave up on them about 300 yards shy of a shot.

I'm one year out for my North Brooks hunt with Arrowhead. Can't wait to see your feedback and pictures!

Just back to Fairbanks and will post updates from our caribou hunt as time allows during our journey homeward...

Myself, Chuck, Will and Matt all arrived safely and on time in Fairbanks, but our rifles and Matt's bow did not. Bag tracking said they were somewhere in Seattle, and we assumed they'd arrive on the next inbound flight from SeaTac in a few hours...wrong. Nobody at the airlines seemed to know where they were--frustration was high.

20230806_233911.jpg

We hit up Sportsmans for our licenses and items that couldn't fly commercially, picked up our vehicle and food, and spent an extra night in Fairbanks as flight after flight arrived without our weapons.

Finally, after a full day's delay our weapons arrived and we were ready to start the long drive up the Dalton Highway. We crossed the Yukon River, and overnighted in Coldfoot, where the food is good and rooms not so impressive.

Early the next morning we continued the second leg of our 500 mile drive up the Haul Rd to base camp. The scenery through the Brooks Range and up and over Antigun Pass onto the north slope is amazing.

20230809_050822.jpg

20230817_202105.jpg
20230817_185853(0).jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back