Bozeman: is it really that bad anymore?

The wearing of Dutton Ranch/Yellowstone clothing should be an automatic chest branding and banishment for the first offense. Second offense grants the offender a ticket to the train station.

Follow me on Instagram for more helpful tips on solving over emigration into Montana. #Ripaintreal #Flintrasmussenwoulddoit
I'm saddened that you know and that I know what the train station is. I'm more saddened that you seem to be spending more time on HT than on editing film.

Bozeman don't need no stinkin' Yellowstone Dutton football stadium. It was the incredible support of Martell Construction and the Martell family that mostly financed and built that new Bobcat Stadium. The Martell family is a real-life grassroots story of adventure and survival about a German family farming in Ukraine who escaped to the United States, fleeing from Nazi Germany and the Russians. They settled in Baker, Montana, where they were sponsored by a Montana farmer. The eldest son excelled academically and entered Montana State College in Bozeman on a scholarship, so the whole Martell family moved to the Gallatin Valley. Their hardworking heritage and know-how prompted them to start a construction company and the rest is an amazingly successful history. It is a generational family company, with impressive large projects completed in Montana and across the country. Their story makes the fake Dutton movie seem pretty silly. The huge far reaching success of Martell Construction makes the Yellowstone Ranch seem like a chicken farm.
I hear good things about those Baker people

Man, the Midwest looks better and better all the time. I think I'll just stay put...
Sadly that's starting to happen here as well though. The libturd states run the people off, who then move to cheaper places to live and then proceed to vote in the same crap they just swam out of.

I drive by the ranch in Darby twice a day 3-4 times a week from Sept to December. The number of Tourons trying to cross the highway, parking on the shoulder and taking pics of the white barn probably a couple hundred yards off the road is incredible. There is security 24/7 at the gate when they are filming.

If you're not careful you are probable going to hit a Texan trying to take a pic.

Sadly that's starting to happen here as well though. The libturd states run the people off, who then move to cheaper places to live and then proceed to vote in the same crap they just swam out of.
You know, that is the general fear, but it sure didn't happen in Florida. Fingers crossed.

I hear good things about those Baker people
It was a quiet and peaceful May morning as we hiked, explored, and photographed Medicine Rocks Park. Then suddenly the school busses arrived from Baker, full of loud, boisterous, inquisitive teenagers! As we encountered several we were immediately impressed with their attitudes and mature conversations. Many were wearing tee shirts memorializing one of their classmates who had taken his own life. Such impressive young people give hope to chronologically challenged seniors. Baker people are true Montanans!
(But we are also impressed by our grandkids and others from Bozeman.)

Seems more and more people are two resident location owners.
As I near retirement (5-6 years), we're contemplating keeping our C. Falls property, buying a house on maybe Champlain Lake, and buying a property south of the border for VRBO type ROI / snowbird use.

Those from the megalopolis locations see Montana, and more specifically Bozeman as a second(+) home(?). A place to ski, summer cycling, city infused big name, (i.e. Starbucks), and Dutton-esk desired escape from *politics that drive them away from their main high-rise/residence..

Unfortunately, they bring the politics they attempt to escape. Dog biting its tail.

Missoula is cramped. UM is awesome and snowbowl exists but MSU and Big Sky... Close to Jellystone and all the glory that surrounds makes Bozeman MT's, "Cat's Meow".

MT is onto it's next chapter... Yellowstone era.

we're contemplating keeping our C. Falls property, buying a house on maybe Champlain Lake, and buying a property south of the border for VRBO type ROI / snowbird use.
It's the wealthy multiple homes folks from who-knows-where elsewhere who are buying up the homes now unavailable and too pricey for young Montana families.
'Begs the question, "Why two or three homes?" If that well-heeled, why not rent or lease VRBO's wherever you wish to reside for the whatever season?

why not rent or lease VRBO's wherever you wish to reside for the whatever season?
One of the "why nots" floating around. Our MT home is wife's multi gen (Malstrom & beyond) residence. MT will continue as our primary, we believe.
Of all the States, Montana's home.

Not discounting MT, as a whole has stepped into it's next era, as I shared in my original post, Kurt.
Also instead of YNP, we have GNP... and Big Mountain that Ski magazine ranked as one of the top ski areas a few years ago.
Six of one, half a dozen of the other.
Kalispell topped Bozeman for population boom in 2022, I believe.
This could easily/mutually be a thread titled: "Flathead: is it really that bad anymore?" And I'd say, "Yes". As our economy has been flipped on our ass and were chasing our own tail to figure housing, etc. As the hype settles, hopefully the swelling will not leave too much scarring.

I still have hope that the recent immigrants will not vote the politics that ruined the places they left. Florida certainly didn't, and I was surprised with the results of the congressional election for the new seat in Montana as well.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back