Bozeman: is it really that bad anymore?

A beautiful thing is that those hunters never actually hunt around Bozeman. They go deep into to were GOHUNT, OnXMaps, Huntinfool, Epic Outdoors, Eastmuns, etc guides them with online filtering or constant contact email vollies...
I have been planning this falls elk hunt since last season ended. Sound like I will be by myself when I to do the Norris state sec hunt next year.

Last edited:
While elk hunting in eastern MT with a friend a few years back, my friend crossed paths with a couple locals who were NONSTOP bugling, I mean nooonnnn stooooppp. My friend Jake asks, what are you guys trying to do here? Guy says "We're trying to get them to go into a FRENZY". :)

Well @DougStickney @rogerthat did it work?

After the cats epic football year can't even ride on them in that sense either...
$$$ May be time to have the Boosters push the Duttons for a new football stadium.

That does not seem like a great business plan.
$700 for "boots on the ground" package? For what? How would they monitor and fairly space out dipshitz who sign up for that for something like elk or mule deer? And the majority of the info they pass on is readily available for free.

Out of business in 3, 2, 1....
You’re overestimating the intelligence of the average hunter. These guys are in it for the long haul.

Last edited:
I have been planning this falls elk hunt since last season ended. Sound like I will be by myself when I to do the Norris state sec hunt next year.
I heard @FoodIsMemories has got a pretty good handle on that hunt. Something about a 3 beer loop with a grip load of 120" MD bucks that any SW Montana Boziforniaite MD hunter would be tickled pink to put a tag on and update the gram with some long armed #GIANT pictures.

You Eastern Mt guys seem to talk to a lot of hunters in the field. Must not be many trees to hide behind.
It’s getting more and more social every year. Last year I was sitting on a hill glassing next thing I knew I had a guy from Billings sitting right next to me. Glassing where I was glassing. I think everyone would like to go back in time 30 years, hunting was better, Bozeman was better.

Edit: He had a full sitka outfit on and I can’t hear. Honestly was embarrassed I got snuck up on like that.

Last edited:
So you are one of them. Not as easy to spot, but I'll be on the lookout. mtmuley
I don't have the tell tale
After the cats epic football year can't even ride on them in that sense either...
$$$ May be time to have the Boosters push the Duttons for a new football stadium.
I had this feeling in the pit of my stomach that the guest picker on College Game Day was going to be Kevin Costner. While I wasn't a fan of Sir Nick Faldo, I thought Craig Kilborn was an obvious choice, but either way REALLY glad isn't anyone from the Yellowstone cast.

Last edited:
I don't have the tell tale

I had this feeling in the pit of my stomach that the guest picker on College Game Day was going to be Kevin Kostner. While I wasn't a fan of Sir Nick Faldo, I thought Craig Kilborn was an obvious choice, but either REALLY glad isn't anyone from the Yellowstone cast.
I thought it was pretty barfy.

Bozeman don't need no stinkin' Yellowstone Dutton football stadium. It was the incredible support of Martell Construction and the Martell family that mostly financed and built that new Bobcat Stadium. The Martell family is a real-life grassroots story of adventure and survival about a German family farming in Ukraine who escaped to the United States, fleeing from Nazi Germany and the Russians. They settled in Baker, Montana, where they were sponsored by a Montana farmer. The eldest son excelled academically and entered Montana State College in Bozeman on a scholarship, so the whole Martell family moved to the Gallatin Valley. Their hardworking heritage and know-how prompted them to start a construction company and the rest is an amazingly successful history. It is a generational family company, with impressive large projects completed in Montana and across the country. Their story makes the fake Dutton movie seem pretty silly. The huge far reaching success of Martell Construction makes the Yellowstone Ranch seem like a chicken farm.

I heard @FoodIsMemories has got a pretty good handle on that hunt. Something about a 3 beer loop with a grip load of 120" MD bucks that any SW Montana Boziforniaite MD hunter would be tickled pink to put a tag on and update the gram with some long armed #GIANT pictures.
What beef have I ever picked with you dude? That’s real special thanks! Hope you had yourself a blessed day! 🤣

I could care less where hunters are from, good and bad from everywhere in the state, It is FWP's job to regulate where they hunt.
Maybe I should rephrase this. I would admit my sample size is small, but I have met some real winners from Butte. I am sure there are some hunters with integrity from the Butte, but they have yet to cross my path.

Martell Construction and the Martell family that mostly financed...

However, I do believe Martel Construction waived their Administrative fees upon award of the $10 million contract. Be it Dennis Washington or Bill Martel, they sure give back, no doubt! I believe the total raised for the renovations was $18 million (500 donors and $3mil MSU - to be paid back from sport revenue) - least, per the MSU link above.

What an amazing Mother/Father family story of perseverance. I listened to it from Audiobooks a year back. "The Last Green Valley". Sullivan did a decent job.

My initial comment was pure humor. The "Yellowstone" television show is garbage though created a massive international following and pinned the donkey's tail right on Montana, and more specifically around the Bozeman area. Well, except Rip. He's real. ;) Haha!

Edit added: I believe the ranch filming was down in the Bitterroot - or so I was told. Wrong? Maybe. #1 show watched on TV. Think we had a huge thread on it here...

Last edited:
I saw a fat man and his fat wife at the airport last week sporting brand new Dutton Ranch sweatshirts and brand new flat bill hats with the Dutton ranch brand.
I just started laughing. They are going to kill it on merchandise.

The wearing of Dutton Ranch/Yellowstone clothing should be an automatic chest branding and banishment for the first offense. Second offense grants the offender a ticket to the train station.

Follow me on Instagram for more helpful tips on solving over emigration into Montana. #Ripaintreal #Flintrasmussenwoulddoit

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back