Caribou Gear

Boys Only Outing

Devil Diver Down

My family does more fishing than hunting and more wasting time/doing nothing than fishing, though I'm trying to correct all that. During the summer, besides family camping trips we usually take a couple "boys only" trips to the high country to escape the oppressive heat. The wife never complains about getting rid of us for a few days. Took them to one of my favorite hike-in fishing spots this week.
DSCN1404.jpg

As the boys grow older (they're 14 & 13) and are tugged in different directions by friends/girls and the 1 billion interesting things that aren't mom & dad, so it's refreshing to get some time away from cell phones, etc.
DSCN1407.jpg

I fished this beautiful spot the first week of May and we caught & released some beasts--a few 'bows and browns going 20"+ and fat like footballs! Nothing over 10" this trip, though I lost one real nice brown. Guess not everyone wants to C & R! Kept waiting for a big one to get a picture of, so no good hero shots.
DSCN1402.jpg

The fishing wasn't the best, but the company was great! The water level was way down from 7 weeks before. The rock the boys are standing on was completely covered on the last trip. We got a couple decent monsoon showers but I'm surprised how quickly the level has dropped considering the late, wet winter we had.
DSCN1410.jpg

Good to see my boys (and their old man) haven't been completely ruined by Xbox! My youngest hiked out barefoot the second time--he's just that kind of kid. It's hard to tell by the picture, but it's a steep hike and we did it 3 times in 2 days. Coincidentally :hump:, this spot is where I pulled my leftover "any elk" tag for October. Coincidence I tell you. The kids didn't buy that either...
DSCN1418.jpg

Great pics and fun read :)

Sounds like the best of times with the men.

Thanks for sharing.

Nice pictures and it looks like you had an enjoyable time with your boys. the size of the fish does not matter. Brings back memories of fishing in Arizona and hiking into out of the way fishing holes, always had a blast.

Anytime with family in outdoors is good times. Great pictures and may be next time you will caught the big ones again!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back