Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Bowsite.com must be getting slow

I don't care much for bowsite. In the WV forum there was a thread for 2010 Deer Success and I posted the buck I shot with a rifle. The picture had the deers head and my rifle and the only thing I wrote was the public land area where it was shot. The post was removed and I never got a message as to why. I assume they removed it since there was a rifle in the picture. The original thread did not say Bow kills only. If they are wound that tight over there I don't won't to bother visiting.

I like both sites for different reasons. Guys who want to post rifle kills are always going to be disappointed in the response they receive at bowsite. Seems a little rigid but think about it.. otherwise bowsite would be just another general hunting site. There are few bowhunting-focused sites so, IMO it is worth ensuring the few that exist keep bowhunting at their core and attract guys who are serious enough about bowhunting that they can avoid clogging the site with completely unrelated gun hunt stuff.

Many bowsiters hunt with bows and rifles so it is not a snobbery thing that gets rifle topics and kill photos deleted, it is simply closing the door to what would be a proliferation of rifle hunting stuff that would heavily dilute the bowhunting purpose of the site if they did not draw a line somewhere. By comparison, what would HuntTalk be if mercilessly harassing each other were banned :eek: This site requires hide so thick that expandable broadheads could not penetrate. Something worth preserving.

Last edited:
This site requires hide so thick that expandable broadheads could not penetrate

Only if you're using Rage B-heads. If you had any ethics and weren't the kind of person who mugged old ladies for their pension check you'd use xyz brand and everything you shoot would die as soon a the arrow touched their skin. :)

I like both sites. I'm sure glad I found OYOA though. At heart I love to bowhunt, but I've come to the conclusion I'm not exclusively a bowhunter. I'm just a hunter who uses whatever weapon is in season.
I'm sure I'll be on both sites for a long time.

Hunter you're welcome here. I just hope your not another crotchety old BitterRooter. :) Oh wait you are from the Bitterroot?? Oh well, welcome anyway. :)

Last edited:
Guys who want to post rifle kills are always going to be disappointed in the response they receive at bowsite.

By comparison, what would HuntTalk be if mercilessly harassing each other were banned :eek: This site requires hide so thick that expandable broadheads could not penetrate. Something worth preserving.

Not disappointed at all but this was in the WV state sub forum that has maybe 7 people :D

If the title said 2010 Bow Success then I would understand.

This site is very tame with only a few dozen members online at a time so it's kind of like everybody knows everybody and the harassing is usually good natured, even with Jose :)

Ohhh man I sure hope ELKMAN and TOADSLAYER don't find us. Buzz and Shootsstraight have enough guys to punk without them showing up.

I recently aborted the bowsite site. Seems like too many of "them" don't like those of "us" that are "leatherwallers". Anyway, I am on here for the information and the shared adventure. Though I sold my far shootin' rifle to buy my wall tent, I still hunt hard.

I don't care much for bowsite. In the WV forum there was a thread for 2010 Deer Success and I posted the buck I shot with a rifle. The picture had the deers head and my rifle and the only thing I wrote was the public land area where it was shot. The post was removed and I never got a message as to why. I assume they removed it since there was a rifle in the picture. The original thread did not say Bow kills only. If they are wound that tight over there I don't won't to bother visiting.

LoL! Now why would you want to post a rifle kill on a site called "Bowsite"? :D Makes no sense...

There are more D-bags per capita on Bowsite than any other place on the net.

I used to go there from time to time to check out the local sections. The Maryland section was usually pretty dead, some dude asked about information on public land and I mentinoed that he should check out marylandwhtetail.com. tons of info and lots of bowhunters, etc... Turns out I was put on 'notice' because I posted a website that didn't pay for advertising. Unbeknownst to me the MD site owner is the arch enemy of Bowsites' owner. I had no idea or even cared, but was branded a troll because of it. What I think is funny is how many people are labled as trouble makers. I'll bet 20% of the people over there are on notice. Bunch of upity snobs.

I even got threating emails from some of the asswhipes over the MD site thing. I told them to go fugg themselves and never went back.

I used to frequent bowsite a lot but I go over there less and less now. I can only wade through so many posts about crossbows ruining "their" sport and the evil gun hunters that shoot everything that moves to find anything worthwhile to read

My privileges to post are revoked at the bowsite...I'm all broke up about it.

It was one of two d-bags that I'm sure complained I wasnt playing fair...either Bigdan or Seminole. Chicken skinned bastards over there.

I just looked over there. SS is on double secret probation.

I'm always civil over there. There's not much in reasoning with most of the idiots. I try and explain chit, then some cry baby reports me. I don't have to even break the rules to get my double top secrete probation status. Just get reported and you there.

Say it isn't so! Oh no, the fun is almost all gone there then. I have so many friends over there it's not funny. I got a e-mail the other day that said something like I should have sex with myself. Just in a 2 letter word.:D

Anybody ever been on Greybeards? I got the boot in a record 1 day.

It was one of two d-bags that I'm sure complained I wasnt playing fair...either Bigdan or Seminole. Chicken skinned bastards over there.

I'm sure it was Bigdan...hes still pissed that you insinuated that sheep hunting in the breaks was easy :D

I think the comment that got be banned was when I said if they want to control wolves in Montana, just tell Bigdan they taste like chicken...

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back