Bone spur

Negative. I went in a few months ago and they said I had a little bit of a spur, but not enough to be causing the pain I was dealing with. They suggested I get some custom insoles. I suspected it was my soccer cleats because that was the only thing that had changed recently and I noticed in the past that my achilles would get tender after wearing them consistently. Before shelling out the big bucks for insoles, I gave my feet a rest; it took about 3 months to get back to normal, but I feel fine now. Hunting last fall hurt though!

Hope it goes well for you!

Had one; spur not surgery, hurt like hell when I woke up. the doc had me do stretching n gave me a boot to wear while asleep that kept it stretched out. Worked great.

Best to your surgery. You're a very active person... This is one time to follow your doc's directions for recovery. It does not harm you to do such however to push your recovery period may. For your constant hiking and the future of? Heed the Doc's directions.

Rooting for a speedy recovery! Selfish reasons also apply... Your hunt threads are awesome! So nurse that baby and HT will thank you for it. 😉🙂

Best of luck.

I've got the same issue, and I'm wondering what my options are. It is not that bad - yet. So, I am hoping to learn from your experience.

Good luck! I ruptured (complete break) my achilles tendon and had surgery to reattach 1/31/19. It was 2 months of no weight bearing, then crutches, then one crutch, then a cane. Got rid of the cane 3.5 months after surgery. Still get a lot of stiffness and soreness with too much or not enough activity. End up doing stretching and exercises all day to make it feel somewhat normal. Ankle strength has been good for a month, but the calf muscles were all gone and takes a while to build up again. Currently working on the strength to do 5 one leg calf raises. They say after 6 months I can do full impact running/sports. But it will take 12 months for it to feel like it did before.

Finally did a hike last Saturday that was 3 miles round trip with 600 ft of elevation gain/loss. Then did a hike yesterday that was 5 miles with 1,500 ft of elevation gain/loss. The hike yesterday may have been a bit much.

Year long!?! Like 365 days kind of year. Dang that does not sound good at all. Stick to it though.

To be able to be pain free, yes a year. 3 weeks no weight, 3 weeks assisted weight(crutches). Than lots and lots of physical therapy. At 12 months I should be able to run a marathon with no pain.
Matt

To be able to be pain free, yes a year. 3 weeks no weight, 3 weeks assisted weight(crutches). Than lots and lots of physical therapy. At 12 months I should be able to run a marathon with no pain.
Matt

Dang a year, that’s crazy! I dislocated my elbow this year snowboarding and the 12 week waiting period to workout/shoot my bow was absolutely brutal. Granted I wore a brace and kept snowboarding haha

Dang a year, that’s crazy! I dislocated my elbow this year snowboarding and the 12 week waiting period to workout/shoot my bow was absolutely brutal. Granted I wore a brace and kept snowboarding haha

Not going to happen for me. I’m hoping to be able to do some “road” hunting this sept/oct. I will go crazy if I don’t!
Matt

Ankle and foot injuries suck, I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Matt

Run a marathon... stalk in on an antelope. Same thing right? Glad to hear you came through it well. Knock that PT out of the park.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back