Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Bolt Action Rimfire

Thought you hated Remington? mtmuley
And here is the big rub,,,,still having problems after all these decades, when wil it end?

If you want a wood stock try Sako P94s .They are out of production but you can find nice one`s for a little over $1000. Mine is not a heavy barrel and neither is the one that my boss has. Both are ragged one hole rifles at 50 yards. Wayne

And here is the big rub,,,,still having problems after all these decades, when wil it end?

Old stuff. Move on. mtmuley

I have a CZ 455 training rifle. Well made and shoots sweet. Best trigger I have personally used on a .22.

Wish I would have been smart enough to buy a ruger 77/22 years ago.
I had one and it stunk as far as accuracy. I had a friend that really wanted it even after I told him how it shot. So I sold it to him. He then proceeded to have an aftermarket barrel put on it and then it shot great.. My Cz shot circles around it. Actually so did my Marlin 25 and my Savage FV that I bought later in..

Old stuff. Move on. mtmuley
I woud hardly call going from the model 721/722 to newer 700's and the model 7 "Old Stuff" but we are all allowed to create our own time line.

When the FN plant in Belgium, the producers of Bronwing Safari grade rifles, made the mistake of using "salt cured" walnut for thier stocks, it turned into a corrosion nightmere.

FN/Browning, even though this was not a "safety issue" almost went belly up,,,,,"making it right". They paid the freight, they gave gun owners a new stock, refinished any corrosion, returned the rifles, and issed a statment from the company that all was make right.

That was an example of intergrity under fire. Again they almost went broke doing that.

To the contrary, Remington, as best described by 60 minutes, spent decades denying a problem, settled caes out of court and only relatively recently said they will repair the problem if the owners pay the shipping.

That is the last I heard. I have not paid much attention to the recent issues exampled by the post above I sent you.

For me,,,when I go afield with a firearm the integrity of the manufactuer counts big,,,as does safety,,,also along with things like having triggers be cheap cast metal with a hard plating on them that soon wears out.

To each their own,,,intergrity counts. Browning firearams seem to be doing well,,,,,and how is Remington doing these days.???

When will it end? You’re taking about what may be the most prolific bolt-action rifle trigger on planet earth. 90% or more of the owners had ZERO interest in sending their rifle in to Remington to get a new trigger installed for a number of reasons. Maybe they didn’t want a company that was partially owned by George Soros writing down all their serial numbers to distribute them to who knows who in the future. Maybe they didn’t want to be without their rifles for who knows how long? Maybe they didn’t find the “problem” to be that big a problem in the first place and didn’t want to give up the bolt locking feature. Remington should have adopted Mike Walker’s improvements(a redundant safety feature) to that trigger that he made before the trigger was even released. They don’t deserve a complete pass on that, but the idea that 7,850,000 rifles are going to be shipped to Remington for trigger replacement is ludicrous.

Many users don’t even consider the original trigger to be flawed. The “problem” does not occur if your trigger is not dirty and is as properly adjusted. It just happened to be one of the only factory triggers that was fully adjustable without modification AND only blocked the firing pin(many safeties only block the firing pin) AND incorporated a bolt locking feature into a two position safety.

Remington was able to deny the problem because it’s not really a problem when something on fails to function properly if it is dirty, maladjusted by the user, or worn out. Was there a cheap simple improvement that would have made the trigger even safer? YEP. Should they have incorporated it? YEP. Is the original 700 trigger one of the best factory triggers in history? YEP. Did anyone die who didn’t have a loaded gun pointed at them? NOPE.

Personally I prefer a trigger/safety that allows me to open the bolt while the safety is on, and blocking both the trigger and the firing pin is a worthwhile redundancy. Anyone using an original 700 trigger should be well aware that under the wrong circumstances, their gun could fire when they take and safety off, and should thus follow this very simple gun safety practice…NEVER POINT A FIREARM AT SOMEONE YOU DONT INTEND TO KILL!!!

Last edited:
I’ve got one of the 77/22 in a magnum with the laminated stock and heavy barrel. I’d love it match in a 22lr

I was considering the CZ and Tikka. Went with the Tikka and have been very satisfied with it. I have a cds on it and consistently hit spinner targets to 140 yards.

Although my daughter and I have three CZ 452s that we are very happy with (Scout, Varmint, and Full Stock), I am going to be pretty tempted if I ever see a left hand Tikka T1X in the wild.

CZ 452 triggers kinda stink(but most factory triggers do).The new models are supposedly upgraded. The great thing is, you can make a 452 trigger as good as any match trigger out there for about $10. Look up Eric Brooks, and if his kits($8 a few years back) are no longer available, pm me and I’ll tell you what do.

CZ 452 triggers kinda stink(but most factory triggers do).The new models are supposedly upgraded. The great thing is, you can make a 452 trigger as good as any match trigger out there for about $10. Look up Eric Brooks, and if his kits($8 a few years back) are no longer available, pm me and I’ll tell you what do.
The trigger and the backwards safety are two negatives with the 452. I replaced the Varmint trigger with a Rifle Basix and swapped springs on the Scout. The FS is a little creepy, but I was able to get it fairly light with the stock spring.

I scored a Savage B22 Magnum at Murdochs for $189 a couple months ago, it's shooting awesome, can't wait for a coyote to stroll across the back fence one of these days...

I’ve been thinking I should get a solid .22 rifle. Been getting by with a semi auto Marlin for quite a while, it’s an okay plinke, w/ lousy sights and a receiver dove tail that won’t hold a scope in place for love nor money.

I lean towards one of the CZ Trainer types, or the Tikka. My experience with Tikka CF rifles gives them a small lead. A bit of small game use and plenty of range / new shooter work.

Experiences? Other choices I should consider?
I got my son a Tikka T1x. Super nice. Threw some weaver low profile rings on and a vortex scope. Shoots like a dream.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back