Blues

Whitetail180ks

Very depressed today, I found out I did NOT draw a NM Elk tag.....my OTC Colorado spot is Too rugged and I'm done almost killing myself to kill a 280" bull.

Sorry to hear that mate, i drew out a cow tag so i am happy about that, been thinking about Colorado OTC for next year.

I'm sure there are folks who would trade spots with you for the rugged one you've got. I too am planning an OTC CO hunt in the future... When all is said and done there's always next year. And with it comes the anticipation of planning hypothetically planning and dreaming about all of the tags that you might possibly draw. It's kinda like buying a lottery ticket to dream about all of the stuff you'd do with the money...draw hunts are the same except better odds...usually:D

North of Pagosa Springs, co. Four mile trail up to four mile Lake, then over the top and down into Deadman Creek. Then down deadman creek and to the NW, killer climb up, lots of good benches and Wollows.....good luck. I've packed out my last Bull there....be careful....

MtMuley, you apparently have never need to SW New Mexico. Rugged yes, but not at 11,000 ft and not everything is @ a damm near 90 degrees.....20 years of those steep and high hunts is to a end for me. Call me a Wuss or say stay in a recliner, you have no idea.

I didn't call you a wuss. I'm 48, and I'll still go where the elk are. Inches of antler have no bearing on the country I'll hunt. mtmuley

North of Pagosa Springs, co. Four mile trail up to four mile Lake, then over the top and down into Deadman Creek. Then down deadman creek and to the NW, killer climb up, lots of good benches and Wollows.....good luck. I've packed out my last Bull there....be careful....

Rough beautiful country for sure whitetail. Trouble is, IMO, NM's onerous NR draw odds reduction says it wants nothing but Santa Fe shopping tourists dropping dough in their state anymore

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back