Less than mediocre elk hunter goes to AZ

I hunt venison for meat so first legal goes down. AZ coues down SW of Globe is the only buck I’ve ever shot because I had to in that season. Preceding week scouting I found a trail and saw deer on it. First day of season I was sitting uphill of that same trail. Unless disrupted, coues will follow a pattern just like whitetail everywhere.

As the title implies, I'm not much of an elk hunter. I've had 3 previous tags, all otc in colorado. I applied for one of the better units and got really lucky and drew an early archery tag. Leaving Monday the 11th, plan to be there til i tag out (not very likely) or season ends. I'll update my ineptitude along the way.
I am a newbie from AZ as well have been drawn in 4 years and didn't get drawn in NM either. Next option CO OTC, how did your experience go?

I am a newbie from AZ as well have been drawn in 4 years and didn't get drawn in NM either. Next option CO OTC, how did your experience go?
It was pretty good for the most part. Seen lots of elk, passed up some small bulls, missed a nice bull last morning.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back