Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Solo Elk Adventure to Remember

That's an awesome accounting of your last few days. Congrats...you worked hard and it paid off. Did you pack out the meat and mount or are you doing it now? De-boning the bull would really help. Great story!!! Thanks for sharing!!

That's an awesome accounting of your last few days. Congrats...you worked hard and it paid off. Did you pack out the meat and mount or are you doing it now? De-boning the bull would really help. Great story!!! Thanks for sharing!!
I did de-bone everything that night. I usually don’t do that, but being solo it seemed necessary. I had a total of 5 loads to pack out including my camp. I packed 3 out on my back. I then had help getting the last 2 loads out from an awesome young couple with horses. I met them at the trailhead and they offered to help, so I didn’t decline! I owe them big time. I skinned the head out and actually just finished up the euro mount. (notice the nose pieces are missing. My damn dog ate one, need to find a replacement.)

Attachments

• IMG_7262.jpeg
    IMG_7262.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 106
Awesome hunt! One of this years pronghorn looks like your bull does. One of the cattle dogs at the ranch ran off with it and chewed the nose off. Adds a little character to it!

I did de-bone everything that night. I usually don’t do that, but being solo it seemed necessary. I had a total of 5 loads to pack out including my camp. I packed 3 out on my back. I then had help getting the last 2 loads out from an awesome young couple with horses. I met them at the trailhead and they offered to help, so I didn’t decline! I owe them big time. I skinned the head out and actually just finished up the euro mount. (notice the nose pieces are missing. My damn dog ate one, need to find a replacement.)
Looks even bigger on your wall.

Awesome job. Congrats. I am slightly jealous though I have no right to be. That is awesome. Good job on the hard work and putting in the effort!
Gorgeous Bull, and congrats on all that awesome meat! Elk is my favorite other than sheep I think.

Nice write up and bull ! Youve done better than this Iowa elk hunter has haha . 0/2 here !

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back