Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Blue Lives Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
BLM started as a decentralized movement. I wish it had stayed that way. Personally, when I say I support Black Lives Matter I mean the broad concept that was espoused a few years ago rather than every belief held by every member of an organization that co-opted a broader movement.

BLM started as a decentralized movement. I wish it had stayed that way. Personally, when I say I support Black Lives Matter I mean the broad concept that was espoused a few years ago rather than every belief held by every member of an organization that co-opted a broader movement.
That is why it is a genius marketing move by the Marxist founders when they came up with the slogan - Black Lives Matter. Because almost everyone in America thinks black people's lives matter. So they get millions of supporters who don't knowingly support a Marxist group but rather support the actual meaning of the words "black lives matter". With those millions of supporters who do not directly support the organization, BLM is able to garner support and millions upon millions $$$ from corporations to promote their brand - see the NBA, MLB, NFL and countless others. It really is genius marketing. And I'm not calling you an idiot or anyone else and I wish it was called something else. But BLM has figured out a way to capitalize on a catchy slogan/name and get people to support them that wouldn't otherwise support them if they didn't have the same name.

In political jargon, a useful idiot is a term for a person perceived as propagandizing for a cause without fully comprehending the cause's goals, and who is cynically used by the cause's leaders. The term was originally used during the Cold War to describe non-communists regarded as susceptible to communist propaganda and manipulation

In political jargon, a useful idiot is a term for a person perceived as propagandizing for a cause without fully comprehending the cause's goals, and who is cynically used by the cause's leaders. The term was originally used during the Cold War to describe non-communists regarded as susceptible to communist propaganda and manipulation

I don't want to get banned from this site, so I will water down my response to your patronizing posts directed at multiple people with a simple "Shove it."

Really odd how experiences differ. I was of the Civil Rights generation and I don't actually know anyone who has said or thought that all people are not equal in the last 40 years. I know there are a few desperate white supremacists out there, and likely a way larger number of blacks who are outwardly racist to whites and Hispanics, but I like to think those are small in number, albeit very vocal right now.

All on both sides of the aisle should listen to Tim Scott's speech at the RNC where he talked about the "evolution of the Southern heart" and "cotton to Congress in one generation". Oh, and btw, my father (not my grandfather, like Tim Scott's), quit school after the 4th grade after his father was killed in the logging woods to help support the family. Worked with a bunch of Irish guys building railroads when he was 11 years old.

Things are simply not as bad as they appear right now. As has been pointed out factually over and over, the statistics simply do not support systemic police mistreatment of blacks when you consider their proportion of the crimes committed.

What we are looking at IMHO, is the promotion of Marxism (just like it says in the BLM manifesto) and the rare police shooting is merely the excuse.
We certainly do have different experiences that shape our perceptions.

I can understand how you might not hear anyone say people are not equal, but I need to learn from you how to know what people think. That's quite a trick! ;) Systemic racism is subtle and it's not an on/off thing. I've seen very racist people in my family do and say incredibly racist things toward groups of people of color, and then turn around and treat an individual of color with kindness and generosity, all within the same hour. Happens quite frequently in fact. Racism is complicated.

Randy said it best when he said we would do well to listen to those people who have lived it, because most of us haven't and we are only guessing based on what's been presented to us. I feel the more exposure a white person has to the day-to-day lives of people of color, the better they will understand. Lots of white folks honestly have very little exposure to people of color aside from saying hello in the grocery aisle or the gas pump, or seeing images of people of color on TV. I pray those most vocal among us will expend at least as much energy seeking opportunities to interact with and learn from people of color as they do opining about them.

Last edited:
That is why it is a genius marketing move by the Marxist founders when they came up with the slogan - Black Lives Matter. Because almost everyone in America thinks black people's lives matter. So they get millions of supporters who don't knowingly support a Marxist group but rather support the actual meaning of the words "black lives matter". With those millions of supporters who do not directly support the organization, BLM is able to garner support and millions upon millions $$$ from corporations to promote their brand - see the NBA, MLB, NFL and countless others. It really is genius marketing. And I'm not calling you an idiot or anyone else and I wish it was called something else. But BLM has figured out a way to capitalize on a catchy slogan/name and get people to support them that wouldn't otherwise support them if they didn't have the same name.

"1. Add something valuable and useful to the discussion. That is the purpose of this forum. Add value to that. If you can't do that, go to a different part of the WWW. Go for a walk. Go shoot your bow. Go do some hunting research. Being negative, combative, confrontational, is not going to change one single mind on this forum. And it does nothing to benefit the discussion. " - The Boss

I don't want to get banned from this site, so I will water down my response to your patronizing posts directed at multiple people with a simple "Shove it."
I apologize and didn't mean any offense but it obviously wasn't taken that way. I was just trying to show how marketing something a certain way can be really effective to a cause. Again I'm sorry. I'm going to bow out.

I apologize and didn't mean any offense but it obviously wasn't taken that way. I was just trying to show how marketing something a certain way can be really effective to a cause. Again I'm sorry. I'm going to bow out.
I think I may have seen some clever marketing on TV these past two weeks. LOL That is, before I just turned it off and went outside.

Here are the stated values of BLM, could you please tell me which ones are anti-American ideals (other than twice using the “comrade” trigger word) that I am being duped into believing?

“[W]e are continuing the work of our ancestors and fighting for our collective freedom because it is our duty.

Every day, we recommit to healing ourselves and each other, and to co-creating alongside comrades, allies, and family a culture where each person feels seen, heard, and supported.

We acknowledge, respect, and celebrate differences and commonalities.

We work vigorously for freedom and justice for Black people and, by extension, all people.

We intentionally build and nurture a beloved community that is bonded together through a beautiful struggle that is restorative, not depleting.

We are unapologetically Black in our positioning. In affirming that Black Lives Matter, we need not qualify our position. To love and desire freedom and justice for ourselves is a prerequisite for wanting the same for others.

We see ourselves as part of the global Black family, and we are aware of the different ways we are impacted or privileged as Black people who exist in different parts of the world.

We are guided by the fact that all Black lives matter, regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, immigration status, or location.

We make space for transgender brothers and sisters to participate and lead.

We are self-reflexive and do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.

We build a space that affirms Black women and is free from sexism, misogyny, and environments in which men are centered.

We practice empathy. We engage comrades with the intent to learn about and connect with their contexts.

We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

We foster a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise).

We cultivate an intergenerational and communal network free from ageism. We believe that all people, regardless of age, show up with the capacity to lead and learn.

We embody and practice justice, liberation, and peace in our engagements with one another.”

we disrupt the Western prescribed nuclear family structure

I’ll call that anti-American

Equality is a myth.

I'm 7/8th's Swede, 1/8th Norwegian. Blues eyes that struggle with the sun. Need to constantly have good sunglasses. Would love to not have to worry about it so much, but it's genetically a fact.

Men are bigger, stronger and faster on average. Doesn't mean we are better, just fact. Women are more nurturing, communicate better and are better human beings overall imo. Call me sexist, but that's something I believe.

Certain races and nationalities are better at certain things on average than others. To strip it all away for a utopian society where everyone is equal is an unrealistic dream. Our differences make us all interesting and unique.

The treatment of people "should" be fair and equal. Racism isn't just a one way street. There are many people of all races who are racist against people who are different. Have seen and experienced it. Have had a lot of friends over the yrs from all races and walks of life. First girl that kissed me was Korean. 3 best friends growing up were black. Had a pastor when we were young who was married to a Chinese gal, wonderful human being. They had 4 boys whom I was good friends with for yrs. Had another great friend who was full blooded native American. People would call them racist if they heard them talk much. With friends you could joke around about how silly and ignorant well meaning white'ies are/were. They'd just shake there heads and laugh at white bleeding hearts and how well meaning they are, but how dumb they are on the same token. My wife's cousin has a mixed race daughter. Wonderfully fun gal. Don't even pay attention to that stuff.

Yes, there's horrible stuff going on on both sides, but when it comes to the individuals of humans I deal with I try to treat everyone like a human being. If someone acts like an idiot or criminal, call a spade a spade. Much of what is happening is awful. But it does not give criminals the right or hall pass to be criminals. Trivializing that is ignorant, cop or whomever. And there are some cops that need to be locked up big time. That can and does fall on city leaders and state leaders. I don’t like both parties most of the time, but when one side has had control of power for so long, when is it time to possibly try something different?

My wife works in the ids center in downtown mpls, 3 of my kids go to college in the cities, my dil works with troubled youth in the cities, my folks and aunt and uncle live in ne mpls. So this is close and personal.

"We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable."

I suspect that the rest of the quotation is contextually important.

"We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable."

I suspect that the rest of the quotation is contextually important.
It is, and the idea that you are required to support a traditional nuclear family structure to be American is absurd. I was raised by a single mother and in fact, many of the streets we lived on was "the village" where ALL the parents looked out for ALL the kids on the street. Most conservatives would agree that's a good thing that we should want to get back to. Part of what's happening right now in this backlash or retaliation I described, is that certain people want so badly to require a family image/structure that meets their definition, and anything short of that is not only wrong, but is something they won't lift a finger to support. I felt it as a child. I watched my mother endure critical looks and comments because she was a struggling single mother. She was looked down upon for something that was no fault of her own, and sometimes even assigned blame for her situation. Sound familiar?

If a person has never had to face discrimination for something they have no control over, it's gonna be hard for them to relate to those who have.

What this country needs is more love and understanding (you know, New Testament "stuff"). I think we have the judgement of others (Old Testament "stuff") pretty well covered.

Last edited:
I knew a young man 19 years old who was watching wild ducks in a city reservoir when a cop car rolled up on him. Apparently someone had called the cops on him for "suspicious behavior". He casually walked towards the cop car with nothing in his hands and suddenly both doors swing open and both cops have their guns drawn down on him.
Now do you suppose this would have happened to him if he was a white man ?.........................................actually it happened to me in Reno.

Encounters with cops happen all the time with all colors. The problem is that when anything negative happens to blacks (not all, but many of them) right away they attribute it to ..."Because I'm black".

I knew a young man 19 years old who was watching wild ducks in a city reservoir when a cop car rolled up on him. Apparently someone had called the cops on him for "suspicious behavior". He casually walked towards the cop car with nothing in his hands and suddenly both doors swing open and both cops have their guns drawn down on him.
Now do you suppose this would have happened to him if he was a white man ?.........................................actually it happened to me in Reno.

Encounters with cops happen all the time with all colors. The problem is that when anything negative happens to blacks (not all, but many of them) right away they attribute it to ..."Because I'm black".
I'm sure there are some cases of that. This is where actual data and statistics come in handy. It's always dangerous to draw conclusions using too few data points.

Not if you read it in full context. Here’s the part you omitted:

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.
This sounds to me like trying to break down the barriers single mothers may face. Not exactly evil in my opinion.

We have been trying to disrupt the "western nuclear family structure" for many years now. I don't think the results have been encouraging.

We have been trying to disrupt the "western nuclear family structure" for many years now. I don't think the results have been encouraging.
The quote is actually speaking to remove and disrupt the requirement, not the family in and of itself. Yes, the family has been disrupted by single parenting. This seeks to remove the barriers created by single parenting is my interpretation of it.

You actually think people have been "trying" to do that? Do you think people want to be gay? Do you think single mothers want to be single mothers? Do you think Mixed race families sought that out?

This is the disconnect many people have. It's the difference between wanting a circumstance, and making the best of one. It reminds me of people who look down on those with a disability. As if they asked for it.

You actually think people have been "trying" to do that? Do you think people want to be gay? Do you think single mothers want to be single mothers? Do you think Mixed race families sought that out?

This is the disconnect many people have. It's the difference between wanting a circumstance, and making the best of one. It reminds me of people who look down on those with a disability. As if they asked for it.

I really appreciate your passion for love and hugs but it carries a certain amount of naivety. I to grew up in a single parent household from the age of eight (3 brothers), and my mother did her best, I thank her often for her struggles.

However, two parent households on the whole are better than one. When you look at the trend in America, and specifically the black population, the amount of single parent households is frightening: Blacks 75%, Hispanic 58%, White 37% and Asian 21% (2014-2018).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back