Blue Lives Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it might not matter at all. There is way too much missing information to even begin to determine if it's relevant or not. Was he detained? Under arrest? Was the detention lawful? The mere possession of a knife with no intent to inflict harm or injury does not warrant lethal force.

The cop who fired the shots better have some very damning information available to him that we can't see or here in the video for him to avoid criminal prosecution.
Agree for the most part, I was assuming they have a lawful reason for contact when they had him on the ground as well when they attempted to tase him.
If it’s an arrest that went South and then the suspect pulls a knife and attempts to get into vehicle, I think they are ok.

If the guy had a knife, the cop who shot him doesn't seem to be fearful, as he was right next to him, as he shot him. Why not step back and shoot out all of the tires,,, instead of shooting the man in the back a half dozen times??

If the guy had a knife, the cop who shot him doesn't seem to be fearful, as he was right next to him, as he shot him. Why not step back and shoot out all of the tires,,, instead of shooting the man in the back a half dozen times??
Why not keep the knife in your pocket while engaged with the police?

Agree for the most part, I was assuming they have a lawful reason for contact when they had him on the ground as well when they attempted to tase him.
If it’s an arrest that went South and then the suspect pulls a knife and attempts to get into vehicle, I think they are ok.
I hope for that officer's sake, you're right. From what you can see in the video, it looks pretty bad. I mean really bad actually. Just damn.

Prayers to the victim and the officer and their families.

Because in a deadly force situation, officers are not trained to shoot tires. They are trained to shoot center of mass. That's why. And there is a reason for that. It's called dead officers of the past who shot to wound or warn.

Why not keep the knife in your pocket while engaged with the police?
As I said earlier, mere possession of the knife does not in and of itself warrant lethal force. The courts are starting to take a much harder look at officer induced exigencies.

As I said earlier, mere possession of the knife does not in and of itself warrant lethal force. The courts are starting to take a much harder look at officer induced exigencies.
Agreed posession of a knife doesnt warrant lethal force. I was simply pointing out it might be a real good time to put that down or leave it in your pocket.

Or he was attempting to control him before he got into a vehicle. Shoot the tires out, LOL, I hope you were kidding.

I was a bit surprised the evening news reported there was “scuffle” between the suspect and the police and witnesses stated they heard the police yell “drop the knife”.
I hope it gets sorted out either way.

I was a bit surprised the evening news reported there was “scuffle” between the suspect and the police and witnesses stated they heard the police yell “drop the knife”.
I hope it gets sorted out either way.
It is quite amazing how poor many officers are at de-escalation. In fact, many don't even understand the term. The knee jerk reaction is typically "we'll hug it out", when in reality the term de-escalation means you use time, space, and tactics to slow down the pace of the encounter.

All this isn't to say there would have necessarily been a different outcome. I don't know what the man said as he was walking to the car, if anything. I don't know the legal premises of the encounter in the first place. There is way too much missing information to either condemn or defend this shooting.

It is quite amazing how poor many officers are at de-escalation. In fact, many don't even understand the term. The knee jerk reaction is typically "we'll hug it out", when in reality the term de-escalation means you use time, space, and tactics to slow down the pace of the encounter.

All this isn't to say there would have necessarily been a different outcome. I don't know what the man said as he was walking to the car, if anything. I don't know the legal premises of the encounter in the first place. There is way too much missing information to either condemn or defend this shooting.
That won't stop everyone from jumping to conclusions from either side of the spectrum.

Because in a deadly force situation, officers are not trained to shoot tires. They are trained to shoot center of mass. That's why. And there is a reason for that. It's called dead officers of the past who shot to wound or warn.

I guess blue lives trump black lives,, got it.

Or he was attempting to control him before he got into a vehicle. Shoot the tires out, LOL, I hope you were kidding.

Yeah, shooting him in the back numerous times is a perfect solution.

Where are all the burning buildings everytime a child gets killed by gang violence in these neighborhoods? It's literally been almost a weekly occurence in not so far away Chicago from me.

Yeah, shooting him in the back numerous times is a perfect solution.
The act of shooting someone in the back may very well be warranted. The guy may have told the cops "I'm getting in the car and every kid in there is going to die". He may have been reaching for a gun. Or, it may have been completely unjustified and the cop will be wearing an orange jumpsuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back