Blind Monkeys and Bananas-Sheep 08

Dinkshooter

You know what they say. I guess it happens to us all, once and a while:D

After I got my bow Dall last year. There was absolutely no way I was gonna even pick up my bow until my brother(Mike) got his ram. I pretty much figured I was gonna be a packer/sherpa then use my tag on some low country Caribou hunt. Things started out well when he had his ram down by August 13th. It was the same ram he chased last year. 12 1/2x35, 9 years old. Carries his mass really well. Beautiful ram.

It is funny how the camera takes away from the steepness of the hill. That hill made my ass pucker up higher.

Attachments

• 019_19.JPG
    019_19.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 650
  • 042_42.JPG
    042_42.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 647
  • 040_40.JPG
    040_40.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 638
Dink that is an awesome ram and great pictures of some nice scenery. What's keeping you on that mountain. Looks purdy steep to me. Congrats to the both of ya.

Since it was a 2 week hunt and we still had plenty of time. Out we go again lookin for rams. Found a pile of them. And by some stroke of luck I found myself 37 yards away from a legal ram:D It was a pretty cool stalk that started at 11:30pm and I finally got the shot at 7:15 am. A night spent on the mountain under a small ledge is pretty rough on a guy, not recommended.

I was so fuggin tired I would have never got that thing caped and broke down without Mike there. He is a tough, stubborn little bastard.

A little bit of a upgrade over last years. 12 1/2x35 8 years old.

Attachments

• 077_77.JPG
    077_77.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 639
  • 082_82.JPG
    082_82.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 641
  • 094_94.JPG
    094_94.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 644
During the week the 3rd guy we were with also killed his Dall. This sheep finished his bow Grand Slam and put him 1 Canadian Moose away from his Bow Super Slam. Frank is a great guy and a hell of hunter. It is fun to spend time with those kinda folks that get to hunt that much. They got it down pat. No rush, no fuss, they wait till the time is right and get it done.

I can't remember the bases, but is was 38 1/2 on the long side, that he is tipping towards the camera:rolleyes: No field shot on his cause he still up there chasing bou and getting ready for moose.

We were done and out of the sheep hills by Sunday 08/17/08. Which left a week to try and kill some Bou. There wasn't very many of them. Mike missed a tricky shot on a whopper. We didn't really care though, you just know when you had it good.

Attachments

• 109_109.JPG
    109_109.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 629
  • 110_110.JPG
    110_110.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 623
  • 112_112.JPG
    112_112.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 621
Congratulations on some great looking rams. Quite a feat to get it done with a bow.

You did an excellent job with the photograpy, too.

Dayammm Dink! Great pics and amazing results on that hunt...you must be tent pegged into that slope in those first pics, glad that ram didn't go tuck-n-roll on ya.

Congrats all around and thanks for the share!

So many nice rams killed this year. Super pics! Is Frank's last name Noska by any chance? Oh, and can you post a pic of your ram from last year? I don't remember seeing it.

I'm pretty sure that is Frank Noska.

How was the weather? Looks a little wet.

That is what I thought Oak. BTW, that is dry compared to where you are going. :D

Not to bad on the rain. It was cloudy and foggy alot. There was snow up high where there was nothing last year. I want to change the Alaska State slogan from the "Last Frontier" to "The Diggitty Dank State".

In 2 weeks it was amazing to see the tundra turn from green to brown. 27 degrees last Saturday morning.

It is the goofy Texan Noska. I told him to stop bragging about originally being from Texas:D No one wants to hear that chit:D My brother and him met in 2001 hunting Moffat County, Colorado elk. That guy lives the dream for sure.

I have a ton of pretty cool scenery pics that will have to wait til next Tuesday. Trying to get out the door to go assasinate a lope that gave me the slip last year.

Last years ram.

Attachments

• AKSHEEP07I.jpg
    AKSHEEP07I.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 611
Thanks for digging last year's photo up. Back to back nice rams...I'd agree with NHY.

Back