Blind Monkeys and Bananas-Sheep 08

Awesome Rams, Congrats
Between this thread and TBones......I think I am getting sheep fever

Holy sh*t! That is too cool. Three rams with archery is awesome. I don't know but that looks pretty dang steep to me. Thanks for the great pictures and story.

wow!!!!!!!!!

Huge cograts to all.

You guy are truley studs. I had a great hunt last year, and took a nice ram on the opener with a rifle. I think I had it pretty easy. To get those quality of rams with a archery is truley an amazing feat!hump

Some bou on the way.

Attachments

• P1000114.jpg
    P1000114.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 174
  • P1000116.jpg
    P1000116.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 173
  • P1000117.jpg
    P1000117.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 171
Waiting above the rams for them to get to a "good" spot. I believe my brothers ram was the top right.

Attachments

• P1000123.jpg
    P1000123.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 151
After picture of the shale hill from an airplane

This is when it got interesting. The rams in the above photo were below this line of cliffs. They came up from the lower left(yellow lines) to below the cliffs. Now, I am at the top of the ridge watching my brother hanging off the cliff (I drew him in as orange). I was a little mad cause he was hanging in space from where I was, I know I am a Mary.

So he finally gets an almost straight down shot at nearly zero yards. I am usually the spanker bad shot of the family, but this time he hits high in the shoulder.

The ram has no idea where it came from so he goes up through the chute and gets above him. Zing, by now he is shaken up cause he doesn't know what it is like to miss or gank a shot and misses shot #2.

The ram runs out of sight to the right. Mike climbs up out of there on the far left side and we start peeking over the top trying to find him. We quickly find him beded in that shale chute from hell on the right side facing back to the left.

We watch him for close to 2 hours and can tell this is not gonna work. We decide Mike should drop down on the right side of the photo and come over the little ridge for a shot. I head to the left of the photo and drop down to the cliff tops to block the ram incase he bolts(In pink, the Mary color).

Attachments

• P1000167.jpg
    P1000167.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 148
So now it is about 10:30 pm. I swear, no sooner than I get down to the cliff top, the fog and clouds roll in. I am not happy about where I am in the first place and now visablity is getting worse by the minute.

He drops in on the right of the photo and sneaks up behind the ram. In the fog he cannot find the ram. Finally he uses his binos and somehow finds the ram @ 30 yards still bedded facing away. So he draws, shoots and.....................misses.

The ram runs to the left and now the fog is so thick Mike can't hardly see 20 yards. Mike follows anyway going slow and taking his time. I can start to barely hear rocks falling dowhill in that direction so I figure something is getting close but I can't see more than 20 yards either.

By some stroke of luck, the ram had stopped on the small ridge top and Mike saw him @15yards. This time he didn't miss and thought he drilled him, thought he saw him stagger, but he disapeared in the fog going downhill.

Pretty soon Mike shows up in front of me he tells me he thinks the ram is dead and rolled out of sight but is not sure. We climb the hell up out of there in the pink Mary zone, hands on the ground steep.

Attachments

• P1000167.jpg
    P1000167.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 150
Back