Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Bitcoin - Cryptocurrency

I've been hearing that since I was a little kid. Yes, at some point the debt will matter but it might be 50, 100, 200+ years before it matters. Maybe someday, our debt situation will improve. There have been occasional hiccups but the economy/stock market hasn't hardly ever cared about government debt.
The fact that so many are speculating on something as sketchy as bitcoin, tells me there is not a lot of faith in the US dollar or other world currencies. Might be 2 years or less.😉

Ok. They are not making more of it, for sure. But think that through just a little. A total collapse of the dollar means a total collapse of the economy—-> then law and order.
We play the game because we have to play the game and if the game ends there are no winners. Your land investment is fine if we just have an uptick in inflation and not a total collapse of the world’s reserve currency.

The fact that so many are speculating on something as sketchy as bitcoin, tells me there is not a lot of faith in the US dollar or other world currencies. Might be 2 years or less.😉
You a perma-bear?

Ok. They are not making more of it, for sure. But think that through just a little. A total collapse of the dollar means a total collapse of the economy—-> then law and order.
We play the game because we have to play the game and if the game ends there are no winners. Your land investment is fine if we just have an uptick in inflation and not a total collapse of the world’s reserve currency.
Ponder this quote SAJ-99.
"Essentially, all life depends upon the soil… There can be no life without soil and no soil without life; they have evolved together.” - Dr. Charles E Kellogg, Soil Scientist and Chief of the USDA’s Bureau for Chemistry and Soils

I have way more faith in the value of soil than the value of the world's reserve currency. That and a BFG.😉

Ponder this quote SAJ-99.
"Essentially, all life depends upon the soil… There can be no life without soil and no soil without life; they have evolved together.” - Dr. Charles E Kellogg, Soil Scientist and Chief of the USDA’s Bureau for Chemistry and Soils

I have way more faith in the value of soil than the value of the world's reserve currency. That and a BFG.😉
...said every farmer ever. Of course, most of them also complain about their costs of production the market price of their output and ask the government for money, which they receive, but whatever...carry on with your dystopian vision of the world.

...said every farmer ever. Of course, most of them also complain about their costs of production the market price of their output and ask the government for money, which they receive, but whatever...carry on with your dystopian vision of the world.
Smart dystopians are investing in land.......

I’d love to laugh at all the anti-crypto folks and deliver the very mature crypto rally cry of H-A-V-E F-U-N S-T-A-YI-N-G P-O-O-R but there are a lot of unknowns so I’ll bite my tongue. It is likely foolish for me to be so bullish on something I don’t 100% understand.

I’m not dropping a ton of money into crypto- more like 1% like it seems many folks are doing. Crypto has been good for me to rethink how I see money/assets/buying power and work on learning something new. Crazy how fast we can lose track in the technology world

To me there are so many things that give bitcoin strength that I feel like I’d be missing out if I didn’t buy in. Somewhat akin to people not understanding the internet in the early phases- this is reimagining currency/assets in a way never done before.

People smarter than I calling it Gold 2.0 or digital gold, but even more scarce and easier to move.
Security-the blockchain is the real brain buster to understand but what I do know is it has never been hacked and has so much complex code and being decentralized and cross checking that it seems to be an engineering marvel. Easy to use- super easy to set up, make purchases, trade, and sell or exchange into all different currencies. No waiting and filling out meaningless paperwork like at the bank.

To people skeptical about having an anonymous creator- this is by design and one of the biggest strengths. The blockchain up and running with no CEO or person or government in charge of it to screw it up or abuse it. Any single person with too much power is a bad thing. When the creator of Ethereum was rumored to be dead, massive selling happened and value dropped 30% overnight. No such case when the btc has no founder and is so decentralized.

The US adding 25% more circulating currency in the last year obviously has me concerned for the future of our buying power. I’m guilty of having tunnel vision and only seeing American economy, but lots of the people so excited on BTC is in Europe and many other places with very unstable national currencies. Some places they have negative interest rates for banks to hold their money 🤣😂 seeing as a large amount of Americans want us looking more and more like neutered European countries, Bitcoin is one of several hedges I have against it.

I’m excited to see where it goes. As I said maybe it’s foolish to be excited about something that’s over my head but certain attributes it has and people smarter than me that fully support it has me cautiously optimistic. I maybe got most excited as I realized it’s really an asset like gold rather than a currency, which is deceiving bc of the term cryptocurrency. The volatility doesn’t work as a currency as people have pointed out. To me that just says even more that it is still in the early stages. It will have to become stable to used as a currency but I don’t know that’s even the goal. The thought of being able to use it as collateral on loans or to exchange for other currencies and then use locally with ease, is very appealing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back