Bird nerd time of year

This thread has already used up the superlatives. Incredible. Thank you for posting.

I would pay for a copy of the last pic..... was that staged or did you just nail the pic of a lifetime?

Sure ain't point and shoot. Wish I had that kind of talent. Beautiful stuff mtmiller. Thanks. mtmuley

Wonderful images, especially of the stilts and the last avocet. And the snipe--most times I encounter them they're exploding from the vegetation at my feet and flying fast away.

I'm not nearly so dedicated or talented as mtmiller and I spend little time in post processing but here are a few of my recent bird nerd pics.

I shoot mostly small birds....

Green-breasted Mango, female

Rufous-tailed Hummingbird

Another Rufous-tailed

Magnificent Hummingbird

Green Violet-ear

Green-crowned Brilliant, female, showing the articulating maxilla or upper mandible

Green-crowned Brilliant, female, showing the long articulated tongue

Green-crowned Brilliant, juvenile male

The tiny Snowcap Hummingbird, male. It's a Selasphorus genus hummer smaller than our Calliope Hummingbird, and the fastest hummingbird I've ever seen, very difficult to photograph.

Violet Sabrewing

More Violet Sabrewing

White-throated Mountain Gem

White-necked Jacobin, male

White-necked Jacobin, showing the brilliant white neck on the male

White-necked Jacobin, male & female

Those are amazing, Hummer. I see a l lot of hummingbirds, but I never thought it would be possible to get them on camera in any consistent format as you obviously have.

Got my target species this morning. Mountain plover.

Nice hummers, Hummer.

18126122798_653b8d4f6d_b.jpg

My 8 year old son was sitting beside me as I scrolled through these.

His quote "Wow, those are awesome!"

I'll take threads you have to click on for 2000 Alex. Photos are amazing by both photographers. I'm always impressed with people that can capture bird magic.

Great photos, guys. Keep it up and you'll coax me into buying a real camera.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back