Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Bill barring permits in MO Breaks and other districts pops up

Looking for a Elk Hunting Partner in Mt 2021, I don't have much experience, I'm fat, and slow, just looking for someone to help me find a 6pt bull and you seem to have a good plan. Can we be friends? I cook well...
If this passes I’m banking all my vacation and carrying into 21 so I can be out there for 75% of the season to find what will likely be the last mature bull on the landscape.

I am sure glad I drew my dream tag last year........ this is just wow..... that's all I can say about that.
This was one of the first things that went through my mind.

The unintended consequence to this will be all the Block Management cooperators in areas like the Devils Kitchen, North Hills, Sweetgrass Hills, and so on that have played very nicely with permit holders. Wonder how that'll hold up when ever Tom, Dick and Harry is now asking for permission.

So do we start the official Hunt Talk forum 680 elk massacre hunt planning thread now? Or do we wait?

In fairness, this bill certainly addresses any and all Montana elk bonus point creep issues and concerns head-on.

So just eliminate points & don't give outfitters even more opportunity to #*^@#* over the resident hunter.

Which is exactly what this bill will do. Unlimited bull tags for NR's, along with the 40% outfitter welfare tags, increased hunt club leases, lack of access to prime hunting grounds, etc will all decrease resident hunter opportunity once the easy bulls are shot, and they will get shot fast.

You may end up with a few years of easy elk, but you're creating a situation where landowners will have even more incentive to eliminate any access that isn't cash on the barrel head.

But you'll still be expected to clean up the mess, and fork over millions in more welfare payments for landowners who don't allow any access.

So just eliminate points & don't give outfitters even more opportunity to #*^@#* over the resident hunter.

Which is exactly what this bill will do. Unlimited bull tags for NR's, along with the 40% outfitter welfare tags, increased hunt club leases, lack of access to prime hunting grounds, etc will all decrease resident hunter opportunity once the easy bulls are shot, and they will get shot fast.

You may end up with a few years of easy elk, but you're creating a situation where landowners will have even more incentive to eliminate any access that isn't cash on the barrel head.

But you'll still be expected to clean up the mess, and fork over millions in more welfare payments for landowners who don't allow any access.
Agreed, I was being facetious.

This is kinda the sad part though right?

All these will pass and the very sportsman that ranted and raved out it will be out there blasting bulls in the elkhorns in February on their general tag.
Guess you should've moved back to Montana to witness the end of the world vs Manhattan huh?

I'll shoot one for you ol buddy....

Did all the government people in MT just do a bunch of coke and decide they hate nature? That's what it kind of seems like at this point.

Back