PEAX Equipment

Big Tule Elk

nvpinstripe

Just got back from guiding a Tule elk hunt in Northern CA. My hunter shot this monster on the first morning at 25 yards with a recurve bow. Awesome!!! He will score 313 1/8 and will probably be the largest Tule elk taken with a recurve bow.

Attachments

• rick bull 5.jpg
    rick bull 5.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 1,293
  • rick bull 6.jpg
    rick bull 6.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 1,109
  • rick bull pic 2.jpg
    rick bull pic 2.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 1,108
  • rick bull pic 4.jpg
    rick bull pic 4.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 1,140
Very nice. Congrats. I have a special place in my heart for Tule elk. By the way, If that score holds that'll be the largest Tule elk with any bow. The World Record (P&Y) is 312 5/8. I saw a pic of another contender taken from Grizzly Island this season. Ed F

Thats a dandy tule bull!! I'de like to head out that way and chace them around some day.

That is a very nice Tule elk! I have been seeing some great Tule elk around hear this year. I will try and get a few pictures up when I get a chance.

CABugle

Congrats to the hunter. NV is that hunters name Rick Duggan. We hunted with a guy in Alaska that was going for all NA species with a recurve. I think he only had a few left.

The hunter is Rick Duggan. This is his 29th species needed to complete his North American slam with a recurve bow. He is a great guy and is very excited about this animal. Full body mount should be ready for SCI this winter.
We are based out of Willets, CA in zone B1.
Thanks for all of the compliments!

The hunter is Rick Duggan. This is his 29th species needed to complete his North American slam with a recurve bow. He is a great guy and is very excited about this animal. Full body mount should be ready for SCI this winter.
We are based out of Willets, CA in zone B1.
Thanks for all of the compliments!
That is sweet. He is a pretty cool dude. Glad he is getting closer to his goal. Congrats again on a fine trophy.

A North American Slam with a recurve is a helluva bucket list...and 29 critters into it is pretty darn cool.

can you tell me about your archery gear ?What kind of bow,pull wieght,arrow setup ?I'm a recurve guy too,I'll take encouragement anywhere I can find it.The usual reaction when other bowhunters see my setup is "you'r hunting with that ?"

Back