Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Biden Plan to End Online Ammo Sales

Looks like all the recent lawlessness may be creating a lot of new 2A supporters.

Looks like all the recent lawlessness may be creating a lot of new 2A supporters.

Got that right. Your choice in Nov is going to be for Law and Order or not. Even D’s need to be safe.

How many of those do you think are people who didn't already own a gun?

How many of those do you think are people who didn't already own a gun?
Not surprisingly, retailers reported an increased number of first-time gun buyers, estimating that 40 percent of their sales were to this group. This is an increase of 67 percent over the annual average of 24-percent first-time gun buyers that retailers have reported in the past. Semiautomatic handguns were the primary firearm being purchased by first-time buyers, outpacing the second-most purchased firearm, shotguns, by a 2 to 1 margin. Modern sporting rifles, revolvers and traditional rifles rounded out the top five types of firearms purchased by first-time gun buyers.

Retailers noted that these new customers were spending $595 on an average sale and that 40 percent of first-time gun buyers in the first four months of 2020 were female. The main purchase driver among the group was personal protection, followed by target shooting and hunting. Also of note was that 25 percent of first-time buyers had already taken some form of firearms safety course and 63 percent inquired about taking a firearms safety course in the near future.

All this equates to more than 2.5 million new gun owners in a very short period of time.

Not surprisingly, retailers reported an increased number of first-time gun buyers, estimating that 40 percent of their sales were to this group. This is an increase of 67 percent over the annual average of 24-percent first-time gun buyers that retailers have reported in the past. Semiautomatic handguns were the primary firearm being purchased by first-time buyers, outpacing the second-most purchased firearm, shotguns, by a 2 to 1 margin. Modern sporting rifles, revolvers and traditional rifles rounded out the top five types of firearms purchased by first-time gun buyers.

Retailers noted that these new customers were spending $595 on an average sale and that 40 percent of first-time gun buyers in the first four months of 2020 were female. The main purchase driver among the group was personal protection, followed by target shooting and hunting. Also of note was that 25 percent of first-time buyers had already taken some form of firearms safety course and 63 percent inquired about taking a firearms safety course in the near future.

All this equates to more than 2.5 million new gun owners in a very short period of time.

1593721370394.png
I would like to believe that, but the survey is not very rigorous. They asked 175 retailers if they thought the buyer was purchasing their first gun. They did not ask the actual buyers. I'd buy @Sytes estimate.

View attachment 145532
I would like to believe that, but the survey is not very rigorous. They asked 175 retailers if they thought the buyer was purchasing their first gun. They did not ask the actual buyers. I'd buy @Sytes estimate.
Could be. But first time gun buyers are pretty easy to spot without asking. They usually ask what kind of bullits they need.

Neffa, I agree somewhat however, we are internet guessing vs in person perspective by those directly involved in the sale of firearms. I find the # pretty surprising though I just left our Sporting store and asked a couple of the sales reps at the gun counter. They said, aside from their regulars, they thought 3 of 10 was about right...

Neffa, I agree somewhat however, we are internet guessing vs in person perspective by those directly involved in the sale of firearms. I find the # pretty surprising though I just left our Sporting store and asked a couple of the sales reps at the gun counter. They said, aside from their regulars, they thought 3 of 10 was about right...
Well then that's the best news to come out of this COVID crap.

I just know my local Sportsman's Warehouse guys and well let's just say I'm not taking their advice on, well, anything.

The assault rifle ban expired, many states have added open/conceal carry, most states now allow range & hunting use of NFA suppressors - all kinds of little improvements over my years as a shooter. I get it, "the other side did not compromise, we beat them". Fine but that is true of the other way too, lots of gun advocates still fight backgrounds checks, etc, so in fact compromise by the extremes of either side doesn't happen - so don't flatter the staunchest 2A folks for all their "compromises". The "out of my cold dead hands" crowd has not compromised a thing in my 50 years on this planet. But despite the two extremes, society has reached many compromises including those above and these too . . . for example background checks are not retained in a permanent database, the NFA stamp tax hasn't been raised (and now would be about $3,500 adjusted for inflation) since its inception, etc etc.
Background checks are NOT retained in a permanent database? You really believe that? C'mon. Because the Government told you so?

My local gunshop guy is planning on a huge glut of never fired used guns next spring as the ill prepared first time gun owners realized they over reacted and don’t want one. It will be a buyers market - time to set aside a little cash for the upcoming bargains ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back