Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

BHA can now celebrate. Hypocrites

I think he designed and engineered his own rockets for SpaceX...at least in the beginning stages when no one would leave NASA to come to SpaceX. My understanding is he didn't get a penny from his Parents for school or to start any business ventures. So, he might have been born into a wealthy family, but I think its a discredit to his hard work and brain power to attribute his success to a well off family.

He got lucky during the dot com boom, developed early in the online banking game, got bought out by Ebay and has used the wealth created there to get where he is today. Not knocking the dude for his work ethic or his products, just saying he's not the droid we're looking for.

None of the ultra-wealthy are. Neither are the politicos who bow to them.

He got lucky during the dot com boom, developed early in the online banking game, got bought out by Ebay and has used the wealth created there to get where he is today. Not knocking the dude for his work ethic or his products, just saying he's not the droid we're looking for.

None of the ultra-wealthy are. Neither are the politicos who bow to them.
...Got lucky......huh.

Yep. Same goes for Gates, Jobs, Henry Ford, etc.
As much as I like Kenobi, I think we'll have to agree to disagree in regards to Musk. But if you ever meet him, I'd encourage to tell him he's just "lucky". Once you put things in perspective for him, I'm sure he'll regret those 100 hr work weeks he put in when he was in his early 20's building a software company from nothing, and again when he founded x.com from nothing, and again when he took Tesla from a fledgling, niche company to a world leader in electric vehicles and innovation, and again when he started SpaceX and was the lead engineer, building his own rockets from scratch. If only Elon would've known he was "lucky"....poor guy wouldn't have worked so hard.

As much as I like Kenobi, I think we'll have to agree to disagree in regards to Musk. But if you ever meet him, I'd encourage to tell him he's just "lucky". Once you put things in perspective for him, I'm sure he'll regret those 100 hr work weeks he put in when he was in his early 20's building a software company from nothing, and again when he founded x.com from nothing, and again when he took Tesla from a fledgling, niche company to a world leader in electric vehicles and innovation, and again when he started SpaceX and was the lead engineer, building his own rockets from scratch. If only Elon would've known he was "lucky"....poor guy wouldn't have worked so hard.

Plenty of poor folks putting in long hours too. Musk made some smart decisions but the story could have been very different if he had been in on a different PayPal competitor than X.

Luck is the residue of design. Sig line from a departed member. mtmuley

I'm gonna get my beret & grow my VanDyk before I get into my lecture about how the system props those up who least need it, while the masses are held down by the man.

#Therevolutionwillnotbetelevised.

I'm gonna get my beret & grow my VanDyk before I get into my lecture about how the system props those up who least need it, while the masses are held down by the man.

#Therevolutionwillnotbetelevised.
Look forward to it. mtmuley

@hossblur if you want BHA's opinion on solar development, you could start by reading the 38 page response to the public scoping for the Solar PEIS that BLM put out last year, which 14 other hunting, fishing and conservation orgs signed. Or, you could read the one page statement that was just put out by BHA on the PEIS. Or you could just read the headline:

BHA OPPOSES SOLAR DEVELOPMENT IN PRIORITY HABITAT, MIGRATION CORRIDORS, AND POPULAR PUBLIC LAND HUNTING GROUNDS​

@hossblur if you want BHA's opinion on solar development, you could start by reading the 38 page response to the public scoping for the Solar PEIS that BLM put out last year, which 14 other hunting, fishing and conservation orgs signed. Or, you could read the one page statement that was just put out by BHA on the PEIS. Or you could just read the headline:

BHA OPPOSES SOLAR DEVELOPMENT IN PRIORITY HABITAT, MIGRATION CORRIDORS, AND POPULAR PUBLIC LAND HUNTING GROUNDS​

@Devin O'Dea

I can't PM you until you get 10 posts. Welcome to HT. Most of us are proud to stand with you. Ignore the rest.

Clearly an under-rated comment.

Dude joins HT just to dunk on a whining group of partisan people - and executes it with precision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back