Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

BHA can now celebrate. Hypocrites

This is the reason I left BHA.

The absolute hypocrisy of a public land advocacy group, that opposes public land development, unless it's done by their political team.

That's 4800 acres of land, that is GONE. And it's just the begining.

Fun thing, when I challenged Tawney on this issue, he called me John Muir.

I don't buy the Green Decoy thing. Too many hunters and fisherman in BHA to be plants.

But, they 100%, are for sacrificing public land, in support of their politics.

Lots of BHA apologists in here.

I'm waiting to hear how this policy, and this land grab, are about "public land in public hands".

Or how we should look away, and concentrate on a mine in Alaska, or Boundary waters, yet sit quiet, as land gets grabbed.

Bet your Azz, if Mike Lee, or William Perry Pendley was behind it, there would be "calls to action".

Development is development.

So to be clear Hoss, you don't like BHA-correct?

I don't like wearing R or D jerseys.

And I have coal miner friends and O&G friends and rancher who are obviously correct in their skepticism of BHA. According to BHA, development doesn't matter, just development by the "other team"

Which sucks, because I like BHA idea of trying to unite various interest groups and people, from Yvon and Patagonia, to Nosler and Weatherby, to rally around protecting land.

Can't wait to hear how strip mining is good for public land, if it's for EV battery components.

Team sports suck

Haven’t paid for my lifetime membership yet. If they do in fact support this, I will be happy to never wear my BHA shirt again.

Where is the link to the support from BHA for this project? I'd like to educate myself about the issue and their support. This strikes me as a bit odd that they support a project such as this. I couldn't find anything on the BHA website regarding it. Or their stance on solar projects of this magnitude.

Where is the link to the support from BHA for this project? I'd like to educate myself about the issue and their support. This strikes me as a bit odd that they support a project such as this. I couldn't find anything on the BHA website regarding it. Or their stance on solar projects of this magnitude.
BHA came out big for this bill.

There's a lot I don't know on this subject, but I think I'm missing something with regard to BHA being supportive, or against energy development on public lands. I don't know the specifics of this project, but it sounds like an energy related lease of BLM land, not unlike those for an oil or gas rig. I don't think BHA has ever said that they are against all oil and gas development either.

“Let’s be clear: BHA is not against energy development on our public lands,” said BHA President and CEO Land Tawney. “There are ways we can do it responsibly with smart planning, stakeholder collaboration and careful implementation that allow fish and wildlife to coexist with energy development".

If this project isn't taking away critical habitat/access, I don't see the hypocracy. What's the background I'm missing?

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back