Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Best Western State to Move to

Like all of these threads if you aren't happy where you are, you won't be happy anywhere. Are there great opportunities? Yes, and they come at a financial and social cost. There's really more difference between Missoula and Roundup than there is between "the east" and "the west". You might land in a spot where you fit, and you might not, but most are victims of our own experience and it's hard to know what you really like about a state or town until you do it for a year or two.

These threads and hunting caliber ridicule threads are my favorite for bandwagon sarcasm. My state is full, it's crowded, it's cold. I would think a family guy checking a hunting site for a potential move would be more welcome in a western state than some , well just say less desirable type personality looking to change the state. Western states are going to continue to grow, period. I just hope they grow with people that see what's wrong with the coastal states and seek opportunity and happiness elsewhere. Go West young man, change your license plates immediately and start complaining about others moving in. You'll fit right in.

The availability of good outdoor recreation is directly tied to population. Fact of the matter is there are too many people in the USA now. Some 29 million illegals and the absurd immigration system we have in place today will be the demise of US. I’d love to see the population back down to 200 million or less. That said Yakima areas not bad. Vile Demsoc controlled state tho.

The availability of good outdoor recreation is directly tied to population. Fact of the matter is there are too many people in the USA now. Some 29 million illegals and the absurd immigration system we have in place today will be the demise of US. I’d love to see the population back down to 200 million or less. That said Yakima areas not bad. Vile Demsoc controlled state tho.

you'll survive a long time 'round here

that's for sure

inverse here, colorado winters are cute

it's almost too sunny, too mild; i crave cloudy snowy cold winters days, and they're kinda rare to be honest

i'm getting damn sick of sunny and 67 degrees on christmas day
Meanwhile, the low was 11 degrees in Denver this morning. ;)

These threads and hunting caliber ridicule threads are my favorite for bandwagon sarcasm. My state is full, it's crowded, it's cold. I would think a family guy checking a hunting site for a potential move would be more welcome in a western state than some , well just say less desirable type personality looking to change the state. Western states are going to continue to grow, period. I just hope they grow with people that see what's wrong with the coastal states and seek opportunity and happiness elsewhere. Go West young man, change your license plates immediately and start complaining about others moving in. You'll fit right in.

“I just hope they grow with people that see what's wrong with the coastal states and seek opportunity and happiness elsewhere.”

Great points. Growth is inevitable (If your location was the 51st State it would be included in this conversation and should be anyway.

I am amazed with the lack of understanding some show to those that leave certain states. Nothing like painting with a broad stroke brush...

Depends. If you sell your house for teice the average house price in MT, move here and buy a mansion, driving up housing costs for the rest of us, you can bet Montanans won't be very neighborly. If you move here and buy/build a modest home, immerse yourself in Montana's culture, and respect the residents, we would love to have you.

Honey hole alert! They are practically giving land away here!
You could shoot a 350" bull, 180" mule deer, and 82" goat within an hour of downtown, and that's not an exaggeration. The bear hunting is sparse but if you want to drive up to split rock you could wrestle a gal twice your size. It's all about marketing really.

You could shoot a 350" bull, 180" mule deer, and 82" goat within an hour of downtown, and that's not an exaggeration. The bear hunting is sparse but if you want to drive up to split rock you could wrestle a gal twice your size. It's all about marketing really.
Had a old boy say..... you know your getting close to Rock Springs when the women can drink more and their jaws are more square than yours..... the same guy also said that about every other small town I asked him about as well.....

Woa horse!
Better make damn sure the wifey has a clear picture of things to come....dont sugarcoat it cuz you want to hunt elk.

You could leave the last part out. Our east coastie friend says he already has a wife. ;)

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back