Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Best T-Rex Medicine

So dinosaurs have been discovered on a Tepui in South America, at the center of the earth, or we have developed time traveling to the decade before the comet hit. Whatever the case, there is a huntable population of T-Rex and you are going on a DIY solo backpack hunt.

What are shooting, caliber, bullets, etc. What's you backup... do you have one. Only rule is you have to be able to carry everything on your person until the animals down. Fish, Reptiles, and Game has decided all trophy's will be long lined out with a chopper so you don't have to worry about getting your critter out.

I'm going to take a 26 nosler with a custom barrel with a crazy twist rate like 1:6 so I can shoot some custom 180grn hammers.

As back up and for walking up after I've dropped him I'm taking a .600NE double rifle.

Sheesh, dumb question. Everyone knows the only caliber that would work is the 6.5 man bun. Good out to 1000 and will over penetrate any man or beast. One shot one kill.

The answers found in this discussion have only a smidgeon less experience backed utility and usefulness than the majority of the replies found in the average "which sidearm for grizzly bear country". Actually - could be a statistical tie...........:D

Well, the first 5 words in the original post pretty much threw everything out the window...

In the 1997 documentary The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Roland Tembo carries a .600 Nitro. He ultimately takes the "buck" tyrannosaur with a LAR Grizzly dart gun for what it's worth.

"I see you @onpoint... that's just a thinly veiled dig at us because you're a Dino-Spray guy. Yeah yeah we get it there are tons of studies that show spray... bla bla bla... we just would rather carry a gun... jez guy... "

yup, a BIG red can of whatever AND a Taurus .41 w/ 5 cylinders of castcore - front sight intact;).
We all like our guns - blah blah blah.........................

"I see you @onpoint... that's just a thinly veiled dig at us because you're a Dino-Spray guy. Yeah yeah we get it there are tons of studies that show spray... bla bla bla... we just would rather carry a gun... jez guy... "

yup, a BIG red can of whatever AND a Taurus .41 w/ 5 cylinders of castcore - front sight intact;).
We all like our guns - blah blah blah.........................

C'mon buddy. We're just having fun. :)

I’d take a creedmore with a huge scope because he would know I could shoot, be awed by my progressive nature, and know I was confident enough to take crap from my fellow HTers.

300 RUM, meh.
There's a small, select, and aging group of Gallatin Valley .220 Swift sharpshooters that have an impressive species-taken dossier. Once was a yellowed, faded, B&W photo on the wall of the old Powderhorn of a.........

Going with a spear. Real men hunt with spears and if you hunt with the wind to your back getting close shouldn't be a problem.

I'd have to break out the ol .45-2.6" (aka, 100) Sharps.

But dinosaurs being what they are, CNS shots won't be so immediately debilitating. You gotta kneecap 'em first. Just ask us old guys the BTDT. :)

I'd have to break out the ol .45-2.6" (aka, 100) Sharps.

But dinosaurs being what they are, CNS shots won't be so immediately debilitating. You gotta kneecap 'em first. Just ask us old guys the BTDT. :)

What load are you using with the Sharps anything special...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back