Best T-Rex Medicine

Well @gouch if you take one down with your spear I will turn in my man card, but if you fail and are eaten I will be taking my 1981 Herters recurve 54# tipped with Neurotoxin. Plan will be to glass for T-rex during the day and put her to bed. Approach from downwind and sneak within 10 yards, then sink that arrow right in the narus. No backup as after the shot will drop everything and run for it. After that find a safe spot to watch the poison take effect then approach to finish off with a sharpened stave through the eyeball. Not sure what the next hunt might be...could be a bit anticlimactic at that point

That’s some good medicine right there.
Biggest thing it ever killed was an eland (though much less powder in that load). T. rex is a whole 'nuther critter.
AIjHgHs.jpg

Thanks.

I'm sure someone has used a Sharps on one, or a Martini 577-450 or .450 BPE, but I have no direct knowledge. I wonder how those things are to kill with a modern rifle. Over in the Snapper thread I related my tale of my first big kill - a snapping turtle. It took a few .22 hollowpoints and then some pellets to the noggin and it didn't "die" until overnight. Darn scary beast actually. T. rex would be same thing writ HUGE

Thanks.

I'm sure someone has used a Sharps on one, or a Martini 577-450 or .450 BPE, but I have no direct knowledge. I wonder how those things are to kill with a modern rifle. Over in the Snapper thread I related my tale of my first big kill - a snapping turtle. It took a few .22 hollowpoints and then some pellets to the noggin and it didn't "die" until overnight. Darn scary beast actually. T. rex would be same thing writ HUGE

You always see Dino’s absorbing just a heinous amount of lead in movies... and like I get that it’s a movie, yada yada yada, but I’ve also always wondered what a reptile could take. I assume you put it behind the shoulder and it’s going down like anything else. Every croc shot I’ve seen is a head shot simple because they are in the water... there just isn’t a practical facsimile.

I don't think they are like everything else. Think about some birds (basically modern dinos), you can chop a chicken's head off and it will for quite a while.

Brent, Nice Eland and Rifle Congratulations

Harley, while reading this thread I thought of an old adage,

the only difference between a man and a boy is the price of their toys.

To that end, surely you can find a picture that you can post

As elands go, he was a bit young, but he looks good in my campus office now and it was a great hunt.

Funny , my daughter and I were at the museum of the Rockies looking at the t-Rex Skeleton and came to the agreement that the .28 with a 195 could do it..

Still I think you guys are under gunned, I’m goin M82A1 with a 750 A-max

Back