• French Dip

Votes: 34 16.1%

• Total voters
Everything Bagel (toasted if possible)
Bacon
Peanut Butter
Honey

Best backcountry sammy ever
Back in 2019 for our 4th season hunt, my buddy's wife did an elk roast in the crockpot, and sliced it up before we left. In the mornings we'd make sandwiches consisting of a Dave's Killer everything bagel, cheese, sliced elk roast, and mayocue. They really hit the spot for us mid day.

Grilled cheese with some “adult” cheeses and ingredients on a cold night? To die for.

i may not be all that of an oddball for this, but my absolute favorite grilled cheese is sour dough swiss cheese. that's it. none of the cheddar, none of the american, none of the havarti, or muenster or pepper jack. just swiss cheese, butter, sourdough and a castiron.

I haven’t seen portabello mushroom substituted for a burger making a portabello burger, veggie burger, tofu burger.

If you must partake in the horrible act of eating meat maybe a turkey burger…..

I’ll see myself out. 🤣

i may not be all that of an oddball for this, but my absolute favorite grilled cheese is sour dough swiss cheese. that's it. none of the cheddar, none of the american, none of the havarti, or muenster or pepper jack. just swiss cheese, butter, sourdough and a castiron.
Swiss is number one on any sandwich

I love a good sammy. Of those listed, I voted for the Reuben. I feel like I might change my mind if I could spend a couple weeks in Maine eating lobster rolls. Bucket list..

Last edited:
I really like Pulled pork and corn beef sandwitchs. Hate liver but, one of the best sandwitchs I ever ate was a Liverwurst while stationed in Germany. Little gast house near a place we used to deploy to made then. Shocked me how good they were. My step dad made them for us to take fishing when I was a kid in New York. D**n they were terrible!

show of hands, who had a sandwich for dinner last night?

golfed 9 holes with my bro after work, in my birkenstocks of course, with my 20 year old clubs that are too short for me (just a friendly reminder of how not seriously we take golf)

IMG-9536.jpg

and we got some cheese steaks afterwards, these are "chipotle phillies" little extra spice, some delicious chipotle mayo. i kept looking at it, and now i'm thinking about how the bread is not cut all the way through, how it's stuffed with steak, how it's held off axis with the uncut side down and open side up. and then how it's eaten, you lean your head down and turn it sideways to get a bite.....

damn thing is a taco!

IMG-9537.jpg

Grilled cheese with some “adult” cheeses and ingredients on a cold night? To die for.
:love:

with your permission I would respectively add, fireplace--wine--the man your in love with ;)

at one time "cheese, was not and possibly still is not, the best food for CVD, which is why I always insist on having wine with mine, as wine is good for CVD, so it all balances out ;)

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back