Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Best Mule Deer Hunting Tip?

Hammsolo

I just took my buddy on his first mule deer hunt! I kept preaching; wind, wind, wind... He got his first buck! Shot him in a scree slope that led to quite the avalanche and an increased spread! 😉 What is the tip you think a mule deer hunter can’t live without?FDD6DBF0-5AC9-45E3-8C47-BC2F95D07782.jpeg

Shoot an older buck
Not sure of your tone, but do you see that smile. He’s recently out of the Marines, and first deer in years. He couldn’t have been happier. The body was big and he’s already butchered in the freezer and head’s boiled. It’s going to make a cool European Mount too. It will involve a few boulders. Although, for long term deer health you are correct.

Not sure of your tone, but do you see that smile. He’s recently out of the Marines, and first deer in years. He couldn’t have been happier. The body was big and he’s already butchered in the freezer and head’s boiled. It’s going to make a cool European Mount too. It will involve a few boulders. Although, for long term deer health you are correct.
I'm a pretty dry sense of humor guy partner. For some reason mule deer trigger the best in me. The smile says it all, couldn't be happier for your guys adventure and thank him for his service i have a tremendous amount of respect for him. Good luck on your next adventures! Although there's not much a taste difference between a 3 year old and 6 year old mule buck either......

Situations and circumstances always vary, it depends on what kind of mule buck hunt you want. If you wanna just take a buck then that's fine but if your looking for a big ol mature buck you gotta pass young ones that's all in saying. Again congrats

Last edited:
I'm a pretty dry sense of humor guy partner. For some reason mule deer trigger the best in me. The smile says it all, couldn't be happier for your guys adventure and thank him for his service i have a tremendous amount of respect for him. Good luck on your next adventures! Although there's not much a taste difference between a 3 year old and 6 year old mule buck either......

Situations and circumstances always vary, it depends on what kind of mule buck hunt you want. If you wanna just take a buck then that's fine but if your looking for a big ol mature buck you gotta pass young ones that's all in saying. Again congrats
So so true. Thank God for point minimums.

Expect to see them where you least expect it. Seems like every time I am “certain” there are no deer around, I carelessly bump a big one.
Walking back in the middle of the day for lunch? Never happened to me... 😂

Trophy bucks 170" and up are very rare. Getting harder all the time. Dont let your trip be consumed by looking for or disappointed when you don't see one.

Trophies for deer , elk and whatever you are hunting is set by your eyes. Not anyone else's. Enjoy every moment of hunting.

Trophy bucks 170" and up are very rare. Getting harder all the time. Dont let your trip be consumed by looking for or disappointed when you don't see one.

Trophies for deer , elk and whatever you are hunting is set by your eyes. Not anyone else's. Enjoy every moment of hunting.
That’s why I’ve never understand poachers. How do you share the most important piece; the story.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back