2023 Montana Mule Deer

I can't believe you killed that buck without a PRC, in a Tikka rifle, match bullet, no suppressor and a shitty Leupold. And no vertical grip stock either. My God man, what were you thinking? mtmuley
I like to live dangerously. 140 grain at 3000 fps, it’s basically a 6.5 PRC. Wood stock though, so I’m a lost cause.

I get it. My kid uses a .270 and a 140 Accubond. In a Ruger tang safety. Hopefully I can protect him from the influencers. mtmuley
I ran out of 140 Accubonds, but that’s my favorite bullet in .270. I was looking at some load data for the 150 Accubond as well, and I could get around 2950 with it. Might have to try that if I can get ahold of them.

Good looking buck MTLAB congrats on him. I too hunt with the old 270 shooting Nosler when I can get them. Nice pic too.

Nice deer @MTLabrador! Bummer on the elk permit. Makes me want to to hold out for an extra special bull tag, the private public game is always a gamble.
I think that’s going to be my plan for elk permits in the future. I have lots of good general places to hunt, so I might as well wait for the bull tag I really want.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back