Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Bergara B14 Wilderness HMR

WVmike

I have heard alot about Bergara rifles but I do not own one nor have I ever handled one. I was looking about getting a 6.5 creedmoor in B14 Wilderness HMR. For the price and the advertised accuracy it seems like a nice rifle. Does anyone have experience with Bergara or the Wilderness HMR in general? Thanks for any input.

I have a B14 Hunter in .270. I haven't found anything that it won't shoot well, though I've only tried a few factory loads. Trigger is nice and came from the factory set really light (In a good way). Haven't measured it but it is noticeably lighter than other rifles I have. For the price I'm not sure what is better. It is basically like a better version of the Remington 700.

I have two Bergaras (both from the premier line). They are nice rifles and both rifles shoot well - have no regrets having bought them. But when push comes to shove, I prefer my Tikka T3X SS in B&C stocks for significantly less money. Between a B14 and a Tikka T3x for the same money I would take the Tikka every time. The only reason I have wandered from Tikka with some rifles is that I like a 24" barrel for long action cartridges and like a slightly thicker barrel for a suppressor on some guns.

I have two Bergaras (both from the premier line). They are nice rifles and both rifles shoot well - have no regrets having bought them. But when push comes to shove, I prefer my Tikka T3X SS in B&C stocks for significantly less money. Between a B14 and a Tikka T3x for the same money I would take the Tikka every time. The only reason I have wandered from Tikka with some rifles is that I like a 24" barrel for long action cartridges and like a slightly thicker barrel for a suppressor on some guns.
I have heard nothing but good things about both Bergara and Tikka. My buddy had a tikka t3 in 25-06 and he traded it for something else but it was a very smooth, nice shooting rifle.

I have a Bergara HMR in 6.5 creed. It shoots great. 3/4 groups are common place. Trigger is smooth with no creep. you will love it.. my son used it this year to take his antelope in wy unit 62.. 280 yard. shot was made easy using the Bergara. Little heavy for long hikes.

I’ve been around 2 of them a 6mm creed and a 22-250 in the hmr. They shoot great and the 1:9 twist of the 22-250 pushed me to buy one.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back