Beck was funny [ entertaining]

CJ...$

Glenn Beck, Fox Agree to Divorce

The highly rated host became such a lightning rod that many at Fox wanted him out—and for Beck, the feeling was mutual.

Howard Kurtz on the demise of cable's most radioactive show.
Despite his monster ratings, Fox News is bidding farewell to Glenn Beck as tensions between the incendiary host and the top-rated cable news channel have led to a near-total divorce.

I say near-total because the two sides announced a deal Wednesday in which Beck's production company will produce occasional content for Fox. But this is believed to amount to a only handful of specials, and many senior Fox executives are relieved to be rid of Beck, whose ratings have dropped 40 percent, and even more sharply among younger viewers. He was not offered a new contract.

Beck, too, has tired of the friction with Fox and is said by people close to him to be happy to end the partnership.

Whatever the genesis, for Beck to give up his daily 5 p.m. program, which at its peak drew more than 2.5 million viewers, is a case study in how even the most successful broadcast personalities can become too hot to handle.

In the end, the man who drew a huge crowd to the Lincoln Memorial, but also became a lightning rod after calling President Obama a racist, lasted less than three years as a daily Fox host. More than 400 advertisers fled the Beck show, but he still delivered a huge lead-in audience for Bret Baier and others who followed him on the Fox lineup.

On his show Wednesday, Beck said he had resisted Fox's initial offer because he doesn't like conflict. He likened himself to Paul Revere, delivering a warning to America. "We will find each other… I have other things to do," he said.

Beck was highly entertaining. I always expected a mental breakdown from him.

I never thought Beck was entertaining...or funny.

King of talking out of his ass though...second only to Rush.

I agree with you Buzz....the truth about left wing idiots is neither entertaining nor funny.

People like Beck, or those who preach the dogma of the left, are bad for this country. They make their money by dividing and polarizing the masses. Their business is hatertainment (my new word). Those who support him, or any of his ilk right or left, widen the chasm between the problems and solutions IMHO.

Aesop wrote "United we stand. Divided we fall" among other things. It does seem like this country is falling of late. Time for the leadership in this country to start attacking the problems instead of each other. We will all be better off for it. If we could only find enough people to look out for the best interests of their constituents instead of themselves, we could have this ship turned the right direction in short order.

/rant off

I just can't stand to listen to any of them that just talk so say have something to argue or bitch about

Exagerations, half truths, inuendo + a bunch of drama(crying, sniffling). Nothing informative about him or any of those idiots who push their personal agendas or oppinions. Its not news, and the masses believe what they're hearing, and never do these hosts ever take responsiblity for what they say. This applies to both sides and neither wants success or prosperity for this country, just something to blame on someone else.

Beck and the truth are mutually exclusive...to say the least.

Lets see he was the 1st guy to point out that Obama and Eric holder DID NOT read SB 1070... he stated the FACTS by reading parts of the bill dealing with RACISM... But Obama and the rest of the Libs... just kept LYING.. SOOO.:hump:.. Yes he's a DRAMA QUEEN .. but Beck has entertainment Value.. If you ever heard his Drunk Ted Kennedy routine... freaking Hilarious. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back