Yeti GOBOX Collection

Bear meat tastes.......

maineiac

Pretty fuggin good when your 45,000$ a yr job is history and ya aint had a paycheck since dec 13th.
biggrin.gif
Good thing the deer and bear I shot last fall was big an chewy,sorta gets bigger the longer ya chew it.Dont fill the belly as quick,but sure lasts a loooong time.
cool.gif

I know all about long stints between paychecks..Sorry to hear about your job, as Ithica asked, what you going to do now??
frown.gif

Thanks fellers.Not real sure whats gonna happen next.The local economy is devastated after the closin of 2 papermills that employed almost 1100 people.The effect is bein felt 50 miles away.Corporate greed killed us and made someone rich.Our insurance and the insurance of our retirees are in shambles.We cant get severance pay or touch our 401k retirement benefits because our illustrious owner claims "there is no money left".Who nows,I might be your next-door neighbor in the near future.The Mrs is got a second job interview comin up tomorrow,if she dont get this job,I dont have a clue what will happen.Thanks again for your thoughts.

I know what it's like to go without work for long periods oof time. Sorry to hear about your fix. Things aint that much better here with mines and mills closing.

Maybe we can get BUZZ and POINTER to explain the american dream to these guys?

sorry to hear bout your job.....its tough evrywhere.
LB.....i smoked alot of stuff when i was younger, never tried bear though!
biggrin.gif

JB, take it from me.. Smokin' bear meat is a tough job. It won't stay lit and it keeps falling out of the paper. Might be easier with a pipe.

cool.gif

Had some that we cooked in a smoker, it was good, we had a hard time keeping it from catching on fire, it kept flaming up.

Sucks about the job. Try marinating some steaks and grillin them. Thats about the only way i can enjoy them.
My job is startin to worry me a little too since i basicly work for a real expensive toy store for adults
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
This economy and dirtbag muslims need to get the crap kicked out of them.

Sorry to hear about the job maineiac. I am working but also am looking for greener pastures at the same time. None to be had either
frown.gif

Never tasted any bear meat before. But I would love to find out someday.

Nut, i had bear meat while i was in canada.....it was real good mmmmmmmm!

i guess it depends on how hungry you are at the time you eat it.....when i was a kid, me and my two older brothers were down at our hunting camp by ourselves...we didnt have anything to eat but we found two cans of soup up in a cabinet....1 can of beans and 1 can of mushroom soup...we mixed them to gether and split it up three ways...that was some godd stuff cause we were hungry as hell......i havnt ever tried it again and i hope im never hungry enough to have to eat that again...........JB

Maineiac,
Sorry to hear about the job! Hope something comes your way soon! Bear is good though! A friend grinds it into sausage!! We tear it up in breakfast burritos! It's excellent!

ElkhntinmD

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back