Baseball Opening Day!

1_pointer

My oldest son had his first game of the season yesterday. Here's a team pic from Monday. Can anyone find my kid? :rolleyes:

Luckily, one of his teammates father is much better with a camera than I and took some pretty good action pics at the game.

Playing catch to get loose!

He learning to like to catch. Since this is still 'coach pitch' he doesn't have a catcher's mitt yet, but that will be remedied shortly.

He does most things right handed, except shooting a gun/bow and swing a bat.

Though this one was a foul ball, for an 8yo he gets his money's worth when he swings!!

Just love this time of year at the ball park!

PS- For you camera geeks, if I was to high grade my wifes DSLR what kind sort of settings get images like this?

That is awesome! I love the game, no matter what age of players I'm watching. Looks like your son has a huge swing! Good luck to him and his team!

I don't know what you mean 'high grade'...but pictures like that are definitely possible with a regular DSLR. Looks like a faster shutter speed to "stop" the ball in the air, the swing, etc.

Manual focus on the lens will help a lot, too. Should be able to choose the A or M on the side of the lens. That'd be to get the depth of field (blurry background/focus foreground) or vice versa.

For fast shutter speeds it's easier to go for auto focus and blur anything after for the effect you want.

Think that's all I remember from a semester of photography classes.

Cool stuff either way!

I don't know what you mean 'high grade'...but pictures like that are definitely possible with a regular DSLR. Looks like a faster shutter speed to "stop" the ball in the air, the swing, etc.

Manual focus on the lens will help a lot, too. Should be able to choose the A or M on the side of the lens. That'd be to get the depth of field (blurry background/focus foreground) or vice versa.

For fast shutter speeds it's easier to go for auto focus and blur anything after for the effect you want.

Think that's all I remember from a semester of photography classes.

Cool stuff either way!
By "high grade" I mean that it's my wife's camera and I'm going to borrow/steal it to take pictures. Just a figure of speech.

That's a new one by me! I imagine her camera would have no problem doing any of that stuff. Have fun!

I hope it's a great season for his team. If he catches full time, would you consider using the behind the knee bracing/supports that I see older kids wearing (high school/colleges backstops were wearing the last time I watched in person).

His mom want's me to consider getting him the wedges if it becomes a regular position for him. We may pick him up some wedges, but I'm not terribly worried. Not super convinced that they are needed at his age, but what momma wants, momma generally gets.

Saturday was the first game for Super K!!! I am obviously not the photographer that the other guy was with my phone. ;)

Ready to LAUNCH!! ;) :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back