Yeti GOBOX Collection

Youth Season Success!!

I enjoy watching kids hunting more than I do actually hunting myself. It's like experiencing the excitement of firsts that we have long ago experienced all over again.
How do the fusions perform in 243? Pass throughs? Have you recovered any? How is the expansion if you have? How about exit wound on a behind the shoulder shot? Do they appear to expand if they don't hit some sort of resistance like bone or thick muscle?

I enjoy watching kids hunting more than I do actually hunting myself. It's like experiencing the excitement of firsts that we have long ago experienced all over again.
How do the fusions perform in 243? Pass throughs? Have you recovered any? How is the expansion if you have? How about exit wound on a behind the shoulder shot? Do they appear to expand if they don't hit some sort of resistance like bone or thick muscle?
We've not caught a bullet in about a 1/2 doz deer and a pronghorn. All of exited and they appear to expand regardless of hitting bone or thick muscle. This deer made it the furthest after the shot, about 70yds. Didn't look for blood at the shot site, but found it easily enough where he jumped the fence. From there it was easy enough to follow. Doubt I'll use any other factory ammo out of this rifle. But, when I start handloading I'll likely use something different.

I reloaded for my 6mm when it was my primary hunting rifle. The best load I had was with an 80 gr. GMX. I had the kids aim for the shoulder. Lost some meat but that bullet slammed through bone and generally put the deer down where it stood, which was pretty important because the deer typically ran down into a steep ditch if the ran.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back